Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmatello Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 10:04 PM
    2 week on property now served a 2 week eviction because mgr refuses to sign lease
    Can a management company refuse to sign the lease document even though you signed and was given permission to move-in by district manager of company? She decided that she didn't want me to stay even though I passed all of the criteria of the property. She found out that I had emailed a ex co-worker and she claiming that I was harassing the co-worker. You see I used to work for this same company but signed lease as a regularly tenant after my termination.

Regards,

Rmatello in Fort Worth, Texas
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Hello r:

Try to keep all your questions on ONE thread... It makes it easier for us to follow...

You don't have a lease, because the manager didn't sign. But, you ARE a tenant, and in the absence of a written lease, you are a month to month tenant. As such, you can be given a 30 day notice to move. The 30 days, however will run from the last day of THIS month, so you'll have to move the end of January.

If they don't give you proper written notice prior to the end of the month, pay your rent and you can stay ANOTHER month.

If they try to schedule a court appearance, that's cool. Go, and tell the judge what I said, and you won't be evicted...

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should we sign another lease with property being sold [ 1 Answers ]

Our landlord wants us to sign another lease even though they are trying to sell the property. Is this lease binding, if the new owners use the property as an investment

Week to week rental law [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have been renting a room in the house of a man who is not legally allowed to rent rooms. He has been verbally abusive and sometimes has threatned me with physical abuse.. he threatens to kick me out all the time. I pay bi-weekly and have never been late on my rent.. Because he the...

Getting off your lease when roommate kicked you out and refuses to sign you off [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I moved in with my boyfriend last year. We had only been together for about a yr. 3 weeks after moving in I find out he cheated on me. Since I have tried kicking him out - he refuses to leave. So finally I decided I would leave next time we had a big fight. He verbally kicked me out. I found...

Lease Dispute. Lanlord dumped me one week prior [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.. Thanks to anyone that can help. I am a flight attendant moving to nyc on June 1st. I was in contact with a property manager who agreed to rent me a room. I signed a least on April 20th. Sent in a security deposit which was cashed on 5/14. And have a message from landlord stating I was...

Landlord keeping 1/2 of sec. Deposit due to 2 week notice- NO lease [ 8 Answers ]

I was renting an apt. for 750 / month (paid on the 15th of each month). It is a shared situation where my roommate and I each paid the landlord separately. I gave both my landlord and my roommate 2 weeks notice before I moved out. My roommate failed to replace me in 2 weeks and now needs until the...

View more questions Search