Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rattler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2006, 12:26 PM
    Mother & pup separated after 9 years
    I had two Labrador Retrievers the mother 12 years old and her pup of 9 years old, I had to have the mother put to sleep a couple of days ago because of cancer. The pup has never been away from her mother her whole life, she has been very sad, not much appetite. Would it be a good idea to get another pup so she would have a friend and would it be good for my wife and myself, we have both been very sad with the loss, any help would be great. Thanks
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 15, 2006, 07:49 PM
    Hello,

I am so sorry to hear of you loss, My heart goes out to you. Getting a new puppy would be a great idea but before you do, take time to to deal with your gief, as it is important. I have listed a link Grief & the Loss of a Pet
    Thes shold be helpful to you now and in the future. When you are ready for a new friend try Pet finder right now there are over 219,236 pet waiting to be adopted, well I hope this was in some way helpful to you. (O:
    allozier Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2006, 06:13 AM
    Pets like people need companionship. I think getting another dog would be a great idea. I had a lab and a cocker spaniel and the cocker was killed accidentally and my lab grieved for a long time so we went and got a lab puppy for her and now they are always together. The lab still goes up to the cocker spaniels grave however and lays there for a few minutes everyday. It has been over 2 yrs since she was killed and she is still doing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Been together for 7 years. [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancée for 7 years and now I have recently found out that he had cheated on me with 3 different girls. We have 3 beautifull daughters and I currently don't work. When I found out the details two of the chicks were when I was living with my folks out of state for a while and...

So what that we are 30 years apart! [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend is 60 and I'm 30. We have been together for 2 happy years. My family is OK with the 30 year age diffrence but it is the public that seems to have the problem. When people look at us right in the face rudley should I say something or just enjoy being with the man I love. It's hard......

View more questions Search