Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pgkah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Bleeding by mouth
    I have a question, I have a Carolina Dog who just today had the cone taken off her head due to having emergency ear surgery about 3 weeks ago. Now my problem is that she has been able to scratch her face for the first time in weeks and she is bleeding from the outside lip area of her mouth. This is the first time we have seen blood due to her scratching it or she got into a good scuffle with the other dog. I am thinking it was like a sore or sensitive area from laying her head on the cone inside all the time and is like a canker sore but you would have thought the vet today would have noticed it due to they always muzzle her though she is the biggest baby in the world, just skittish.

Thanks for your help, I would appreciate any suggestions to how to care for that, what I could put on it to help it heal and stuff.

PgKah
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 24, 2008, 04:39 AM

You might want to try polysporin on it. Although, being in the mouth area, she would likely lick it off. If it keeps on bleeding, I would call your vet back and ask why this wasn't noticed. You're right, they should have noticed this. I wish I could help you more with this, but I think calling the vet back, is your best bet here!

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Light bleeding. Implation Bleeding? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have a couple of serious questions. Okay I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend fooled around on Nov.14.2008 and we used no protection, and not to mention he let his sperm go inside me. I was due to start my period Nov.18.2008 but its late I never started but my periods are VERY regular. Now just...

Big mouth [ 4 Answers ]

Betty, the town gossip and self-appointed supervisor of the Town's morals, kept sticking her nose into other people's Business. Several local residents were unappreciative of her activities, But feared her enough to maintain their silence. However, she Made a mistake when she recently...

Mouth [ 1 Answers ]

Can having afilling in tooth trap a nerve in your lips and make your lips pucker up every time you try to talk.

Mouth [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two years when I talk my lips go really tight and the musssels in my face really hert my jore herts I have been to see doctors at hospital they say it is someing to do with my neck , it is getting worse every day they gave me mussel relacents but they did not work. Help

View more questions Search