Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nenasexy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Can we have babies?
    Hi

My boyfriend has HIV and I don't.

Is there any chances for us to have babies with no risk of any infecction for them?

Please help me we need to know. Its very important for us.

Is there is any treatment available in United States?
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 12:35 PM

Well, if you don't have hiv that means you are using condoms?

If you want to get pregnant then you will not be able to use a condom, therefore, you will contract the virus and pass it on to your baby if one is conceived.
    Cinnabar Posts: 113, Reputation: 5

Dec 25, 2008, 02:38 AM

The simple answer is no. Consider an outside donor or adoption.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nenasexy View Post
    Hi

My boyfriend has HIV and I dont.

Is there any chances for us to have babies with no risk of any infecction for them?

Please help me we need to know. Its very important for us.

Is there is any treatment available in United States?
    Yes... you can get a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist who has dealt with HIV couples, and inquire about IUI. While it is not automatic that you would become infected through standard sex, you obviously would be taking a chance. If you were to become infected there are several ways to lessen the possibility of transmission to baby. Plenty of HIV women have babies who do not become infected... but of course nothing is 100% fail safe... so "no risk" is not guaranteed.
    myesha21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southerngalps View Post
    well, if you don't have hiv that means you are using condoms?

if you want to get pregnant then you will not be able to use a condom, therefore, you will contract the virus and pass it on to your baby if one is conceived.
    You don't think that you could have it with anyone else?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All I can think about is babies! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 and about to get married in the next few months and recently I have become completely obsessed with wanting to have a baby. I am completely aware that the timing is wrong and I can honestly say that if I found out I was pregnant tomorrow I would not be in the right place. My fiancé and I...

Having babies with someone else [ 15 Answers ]

I have recently found out my husband slept with someone else and she is now pregnant. This was hard enough but now I have found out it is twins. When I approach the subject he withdraws into himself and get I don't know whenever I ask him anything - I just don't know what to do anymore??

Rat Babies! [ 3 Answers ]

Oh my. Here we go. We have a trio of rats, whom we we assured were all male. Well as nature would have it, the person who sold us the rats was wrong. Upon coming home from work today I discovered our "Sam" was actually a "Samantha", and she had 14 babies. The other two are assuredly males, and I...

I Need Help With My Two Babies [ 6 Answers ]

Hey! I'm married got 2 little cute girls one of them is a year and two months old and the other is almost amonth. I want to know how to take care of them both and take care of the house, the cooking and myself, I don't sleep much cause I don't have time to do all that. My one year old she's...

What age do babies . [ 3 Answers ]

What age do babies... start holding there own bottle? start talking?? begin potty training? start crawling?? start walking?

View more questions Search