Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sabastion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Broken commode drain pipe
    While trying to remove a broken pvc commode flange, the drain pipe broke off approximately 3 inches down inside the concrete foundation. We bought a twist and seal flange that has an extension that goes down inside drain pipe but it did not go far enough to cover missing pipe. I feel that it would work if it had a longer extension piece. Does anyone have any other ideas of what we could do to fix this problem.
    Thanks.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 11:22 PM

If it is 4" pvc, a 3" pvc couple fits exactly inside. If it is 3" you will have to open the floor and either replace the bottom fitting or use a 3" couple to extend it back up.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 12:39 AM

They make these Twist 'n' Seal flanges about 6" long. Go to store that caters to the trade. They will help you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken drain pipe under kitchen sink [ 13 Answers ]

Trying to remove the trap under the kitchen sink, I managed to break the pipe. Now the piece right behind the trap is stuck in the pipe that comes out of the wall, I cannot seem to pull it free. What's the best way to get this out?

Broken sink drain pipe underground [ 1 Answers ]

We have a broken drain pipe which is under the path down the side of the bungalow. We have borrowed a kango to break up the concrete to gain access to the damaged part. Is there anything hat we should know before we start? Thank you Regards Doug Barker

Broken sink drain pipe to wall [ 1 Answers ]

Have broken pipt from bathrrom sink drain. The pip which goes from trap to wall...

Broken PVC (vent/drain) pipe at joint [ 1 Answers ]

So I had a clogged drain and I was checking the trap. I was under the house and was working on the pipes when I accidentally broke the drain pipe off at a T joint just below the trap. How can I remove the broken end from the joint since it was solvent welded in? Or what else can I do?

Toilet drain pipe broken! [ 6 Answers ]

My husband removed a toilet today, it was leaking sewage on the floor and into the other room. When we pulled the toilet off, we knew why. The flange came with the toilet when we pulled it off along with some of the drain pipe. Clearly the pipe has been broken for some time. The flange was almost...

View more questions Search