Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Dec 22, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Free Braces?
    Does anyone know anyway it is possible to get free braces or really discounted braces? My insurance won't cover it...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 02:36 PM

There are some dentists who have pay as you go plans. Am not aware of any free anything.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 05:06 PM

You can try a dental school for lower prices, but you are unlikely to get them for free. Every orthodontist I know of establishes a payment plan, usually with no interest. You would pay something like 10% to have them put on, and then pay monthly installments over two years or so.

Go for some consultations and talk about your payment options, as well as the cost for your braces. It might be less than you think. Orthodontics can range in price - you might get a quote of $8,000 at one place, and $3,000 at another. Don't assume this is because of lack of skill or compromised treatment, it could be simply the difference in the profit the ortho is looking to make.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 05:19 PM

Also, it has a lot to do with how "off" your teeth are. If the teeth are very twisted, it would involve more dental visits versus "just a little" bit wrong with your teeth. Also, if you need to have any teeth pulled to make room for a more natural smile, this would cost as well. I had to have 4 permanent teeth pulled when I was a kid (my K-9's) to make some room for my teeth to be properly straightened.
    amari_archer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 03:44 PM
    How do u get it? Where do u go?
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 6, 2009, 07:36 PM

Nothing is free in life! Some dental schools offer cheap braces, but I don't know, at my school we only treated kids
    katterine Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 24, 2009, 01:50 AM

You could go to a dental school near you. I have seen this described in a website I recently visited, here it is: Dental Cool: How Can I Get Cheap Dental Braces
    angelinab29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 01:52 PM
    All you have to do is tell your dentist you are in pain with your teeth just say they fell sqwashed you might get a retainer if you say that but if you really want them then just say you fell as if your teeth are pulling out and going in that's how I got mine xx [IMG]c7f5e7dab01735510[/IMG]
    melinda1978 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 07:18 PM
    Not sure how good your credit is but Care Credit and Chase Advance Health offer financing upon approval.
    michvon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2012, 03:06 PM
    Visit www.s4l.org for more information on how to obtain free braces for children 11-18 years of age. Smile for a Lifetime have 120 chapters in 40 states and Canada. Once at the website you can click on the U.S. map to contact the nearest chapter to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have to get braces at 22. [ 89 Answers ]

I'm really not looking forward to this. I need some cheering up. But my question is this: Is there a site that can show me what I will look like with braces? Like something that alters my picture to put braces on me to see if I really want to do this.

I Had Braces Once, But Now. [ 4 Answers ]

I had braces for two years, from 7th-9th grade. When I got them off, I never wore my retainers, so my teeth shifted. Thankfully, my orthodontist had periodic checkups later in my 9th grade year and this isnpired me to shove my retainers back in. For a few more months, this shoving them in every...

Braces [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth are not crooked, but I hate my teeth because they are spaced out a little. I just want to have braces before I get into college or whatever. I read that uneven chewing causes major headaches and face pains, and that has been happening to me for awhile now. So I have been considering...

Braces [ 5 Answers ]

Is it a bad idea to get braces while you are missing a tooth?

Braces [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question can you drink beer.while having braces on? Thanks you

View more questions Search