Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elbee Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 08:30 PM
    Antique headboard
    I recently bought a headboard/footboard from a dealer, who only had two of the brackets. They are made to hook into the old board (single hook) and bolt onto a modern frame.

I've attached a photo of the bracket. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Or know of a different bracket that has a single hook for the headboard and space for a double hook on a modern frame (instead of the bolt in type)?

My goal is to use it, but not put any additional holes in the wood.

I've been searching on-line for weeks--a lot of antique hardware sites and mattress places--with no luck. I'm hoping someone out there has these and knows where they came from.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

Wader Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 05:10 PM
    elbee
    Look in the yellow pages under metal fabrication, machine shop or even a local welder, all should be able to make a bracket like this .
    My moto is if I can't find it I ether make it or find someone who can , Good luck
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jun 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Wader may be correct, it souds like this piece is worth the investment so go on and have a metal fabricator make another for you. It won't be that much $$$$ so don't worry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is interacting with an antique mirror [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I acquired an antique vanity. My cat acts very strangely toward the mirror part of the vanity. He will sit on the vanity and stare into the mirror, several times a day, for long periods. Often he has the same look as he would if he was looking out a window and seeing a bird or...

Antique Riding Mower? [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I bought an old Montgomery Wards riding mower at an auction the other day, but I don't know what kind it is, the name was painted over. It is a Model ZYJ 48A. Does anyone know anything about it?

View more questions Search