Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Classification Balance Sheet
    What does a classification balance sheet look like?

Please include everything that can be entered into the classification balance sheet or refer me to a site that I may view in its entirty?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2006, 02:05 PM
    "classification balance sheet" is not a standard accounting term... however I did find one that a company is calling that, here. See pages 45-46.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Here is what I think you mean.

The simple Balance Sheet is like this:

Assets on the left side
    Liabilities and Shareholder's Equity on the right side

List all assets and list all liabilities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

A classification balance sheet is more detail. Breaking up assets into current and long term and breaking up liabilities into current and long-term.

See http://www.investopedia.com/articles/04/031004.asp for an example of a classified balance sheet.
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2007, 02:33 AM
    In India liabilities are shown in left hand side and assets are displayed in right side.Again these assets and liabilities are reclassified in to long term and short term types.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Balance Sheet [ 3 Answers ]

1- The current section of a balance sheet includes which one of the following accounts? 1- Office Expenses 2- Accumulated depreciation 3- Advances from Clients 4- Mortgage Payable Thanks for your help Dell

Classified Balance Sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I have I question regarding classified balance sheets. If expenses and revenue are listed and I have to create a classified balance sheet with those items above, assets, liabilities, and stockholders equity, how would I incorporate the revenue and expenses??

Balance Sheet controversy [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Kind Sirs: We recently have a serious debate in our company, while reviewing company past performance. The company is started in Jan 2005 and we are in the conference room live. John is comparing: 1) Income Statement Q1 and Q2 of 2005 and Q1 and Q2 of 2006 (for apple-to-apple...

Balance sheet [ 2 Answers ]

My company's balance sheet is off 34500.00 when ever I make j/e's it is still off what could be some of the issues. The 34500.00 difference is in the trucks/equipment account.

View more questions Search