Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkeisha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Brand New Ariens Snowblower Won't Start
    Bought a brand new Ariens 624E snow blower ($800) a couple months ago, tested it out then and it worked fine. Now that we are buried in a major snowstorm, it won't start! Very frustrating. The engine won't turn over. Is there anything I can possibly do? I've followed all troubleshooting steps in the manual without success. I really need to get this thing going NOW.

Thank you.
    Rich
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 11:14 AM

A new unit should run, well you knew that already but my point is the unit is under warranty. Call the place where you bought it and get their ideas on what they can do, I'd return it it and get another. You probably did this but check: fullor fresh mixted fuel, primer is pumping fuel or is the hose slipped off, ignition switch on and the harness still in placeis there a kill switch that must be closed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snowblower won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I used my Ariens snowblower twice today as we had steady snowfall. When I went to use it this evening, I topped up the gas, connected a power source, opened the choke and hit the power button. For more than 20 minutes the motor would not catch. Having thought I flooded it, I shovelled the snow...

What model ariens snowblower is this? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought this Ariens blower and the tag with the midel # has worn off. It's an 8hp with a 24" cut. I need to buy a few parts and need the model # to do so... anyone know?

My Old Ariens Snowblower -trouble throwing snow [ 3 Answers ]

My older Ariens ST 824 model # 924-050 has been a real gem! But... yesterday while busting through a big drift of snow, it just kept clogging up. The snow was not really wet and heavy. I checked it out - the auger is turning, the shear pins are fine. I then pulled off the piece that exposes the...

View more questions Search