mperez0102 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 10:17 AM
    A firm’s current balance sheet is as follows:
    I really don't know how to get started or answer these questions. Thanks

Cost of Capital and Pro Forma Balance Sheet

A firm's current balance sheet is as follows:

Assets $100 Debt $10
    Equity $90

a. What is the firm's weighted-average cost of capital at various combinations of debt and equity, given the following information?

Debt/Assets After-Tax Cost of Debt Cost of Equity Cost of Cap

0% 8% 12% ?
    10 8 12 ?
    20 8 12 ?
    30 8 13 ?
    40 9 14 ?
    50 10 15 ?
    60 12 16 ?

b. Construct a pro forma balance sheet that indicates the firm's optimal capital structure. Compare this balance sheet with the firm's current balance sheet. What course of action should the firm take?

c. As a firm initially substitutes debt for equity financing, what happens to the cost of capital, and why?

d. If a firm uses too much debt financing, why does the cost of capital rise?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 10:22 AM

We won't do your homework for you on this site. Normally if you show that you are trying to solve the problem on your own and got stuck somewhere someone will help you to the next step.
    mperez0102 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowtax4eva View Post
    We wont do your homework for you on this site. Normally if you show that you are trying to solve the problem on your own and got stuck somewhere someone will help you to the next step.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ledger, trial balance, balance sheet [ 5 Answers ]

hello, I have problem with my assignment. Can anyone help me with one question? I have to prepare journals, ledger, trial balance, profit and loss and balance sheet. Jan 6 Bought spare parts on credit 27000 cash sale 62500 Jan 7 charged Moji for repairs 5000 sold spare parts to Koba on...

Trial Balance and Balance Sheet of an airline company [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get the idea about the trial balance andbalance sheet of an airline company. Can any one help me with that? Thanks, Shanthi

If T-Accounts Balance does this mean balance sheet & P&L work correctly? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just wondering been having some problems with my Balance Sheet balancing, I was wondering if the Trial Balance balances, does that mean that the balance sheet will balance? (given that I do everything correctly? ) Also just a quick question while I'm asking, regarding depreciation in...

View more questions Search