Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ANNTREE1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Marriage visa
    I am married to Pakistani who has been illegal here for over 5 years. (5 and a half years to be exact). He intends to leave the country very soon and go back to Pakistan to apply for a spouse visa to return to UK permanently. Our marriage here in the UK is not valid, so we have been told by various solicitors that we will have to return to Pakistan and marry there. Only then can he apply for a marriage visa. This is what we intend to do very soon.

I have various questions that I would like to ask and I apologise in advance for asking so many, but no one else seems to be able to help us.

1) What are the requirements at the moment where bank statements are concerned. Are the British Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan asking for 6months BS or 3 months?

2) I have been told by a solicitor that the embassy requires evidence that we have been living together. My solicitors said that they want evidence of uitility bills in both our names. This is something I cannot do as the bills are all in the name of our landlady. We pay for a single room in a shared house and the rent covers the bills. I pay her cash in hand ever month and that's it. Is this going to be a problem when my husband submitts his application? I do have a phone bill in my name but it is not in his name.

3) My husband wishes to return to Islamabad in August, but is not going to apply for a spouse visa until November. The reason for this is my bank statements at the moment are overdrawn so I do not want to submitt bank statements that are overdrawn as I fear his visa may be rejected. By applying in November, this will give me time to get my account sorted out and I could send any bank statements to him directly. I do have a savings account which has £1,500 in it at the moment. I also have the following:

Birth certificates for both myself and him.
    Payslips for last 6months
    Bank statements which I need to sort out
    Tenancy Agreement
    Letter from private company confirming that accommodation is suitable following inspection and should pass entry clearance.
    Nikah Namma from marriage done in UK
    Letter from Doctor (typed) confirming Pregancy. Baby due in December 06.
    Contract of employment.

Is there anything else we need?

As mentioned above I am pregnant. Will this affect the case in any way.

Please help us.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 06:34 AM
    I don't know the exact laws with Immigration law in UK, but isn't marrying someone who is illegal against the law itself?

Seems to me like you in a big hole but I guess you know that.
    ANNTREE1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 06:38 AM
    No it isn't against the law at all. And besides, I have been told that it is not even recognised as a marriage here in UK. The only way it is recognised is by going to Pakistan and getting married there.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 07:00 AM
    So why not do that then?
    What's your nationality?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will my marriage last? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been married for 16 months but I don't trust my husband. I am 8 months pregnant and need to know before its too late for my baby if he is going to cheat and if we will last

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=24811 The above link is a question about money in a relationship. It turned into a religious discussion by one member. My question is: Are all marriages considered to be "religious ceremonies"? A marriage in a Church is usually considered a...

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search