Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Do you agree with this?
    “God’s sign is simplicity. God’s sign is The Baby. God’s sign in that he makes himself small for us. This is how he reigns. He does not come with power and outward splendor. He comes as a baby – defenseless and in need of our help. He does not want to overwhelm us with his strength. He takes away our fear of his greatness. He asks for our love so he makes himself a child.”
    Pope Benedict XVI, homily, Midnight Mass, 2006
    A Merry and Holy Christmas to you all.
    Fred (arcura)
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    “God’s sign is simplicity. God’s sign is The Baby. God’s sign in that he makes himself small for us. This is how he reigns. He does not come with power and outward splendor. He comes as a baby – defenseless and in need of our help. He does not want to overwhelm us with his strength. He takes away our fear of his greatness. He asks for our love so he makes himself a child.”
    Pope Benedict XVI, homily, Midnight Mass, 2006
    A Merry and Holy Christmas to you all.
    Fred (arcura)
    Yes. It is a beautiful meditation. I believe I learned of it first from St. Louis De Montfort. But I don't remember.

As you know, St. Anthony Padua meditated on the infant Jesus so profoundly that he is frequently depicted with the Holy Infant in his arms. He and St. Joseph are the only ones I've seen thus depicted outside of Our Lady herself.
    irishdingbat42 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2008, 01:30 PM

Oh yes... makes perfect sense to me!
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 02:17 PM
    De Maria,
    I have never seen a depiction of the baby Jesus in the arms of anyone other than those you mentioned.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone agree with this? [ 9 Answers ]

Personally, I believe that Sarah Palin will make a great president, and if she wants to keep John McCain on the ticket that is fine with me.

Do you agree wit this? [ 7 Answers ]

K so I'm 15 n so is my boyfriend we've been going out for like 2 months and my issue right now is telling him why I love him. See whenever (well most times ) he 'll say I love you then ill say I love you back , but hen he'll ask why I love him which I don't really know why I love (n I also I have a...

Can't agree [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if our company is a large enterprise or a Nonprofit that can pay small enterprise wages in mInnesota. I learned in a class that a NONPROFIT can NEVER be an enterprise because the title is NONPROFIT there for the annual gross income is not considered income. My boss will not...

Does anyone agree? About friends! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have heard people talk about friendships and they always say friendships are supposed to last foever. I need your opioion do you think a friendship could last forever. Me and my friend have been best friends since they day we were born do u think our friendship could last forever? Is that even...

View more questions Search