Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bedlam Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 06:07 AM
    Sonata brake dust make light come on?
    I have a
    2003 HYUNDAI SONATA
    6 Cylinders 02656 2.7L MFI DOHC

Reciently I replaced the front disc pads.With the inexpensive metal pads. No rotor was replaced. :(
    Anyway, the caliper must have been dragging, and sent some of the dust airborn, and I see some small metal filings sticking to the rubber boot that protects the anti lock brake sensor.
    I am now replacing the rotors and pads. But a few days after this problem started, the yellow engine light came on.
    Im wondering , I don't think that a brake issue would cause this light to come on. Wouldn't it be a different light for the brakes, if the metal filings were to interrupt the sensor?
    Thanks for your time.
    Allan
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 14, 2006, 11:36 PM
    I don't think the two are related re: the engine light and the brake system. These are separate lights indicating issues with separate systems.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2006, 08:12 AM
    Can't comment on it, so I'll second that: It's just a coincidence.
    bedlam Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Thanks for the responses. They are greatly appreciated.I am certain they are two different issues. The brakes are all fixed. And they code is an EVAP emission trouble. Even a loose gas cap can be the trouble. So it will take some more time to narrow that down.
    Again thanks.
    Allan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing brake light bulbs on 96 Toyota Camry Station Wagon [ 4 Answers ]

I need to change a brake light bulb in the tailgate of my 1996 Toyota Camry Station Wagon. I have a Chilton's repair guide but it says nothing about the lights in the tail gate. How do I can access to change the bulbs? Thank you.

Traction Control System and Brake Light Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6. Recently, the Traction Control System (TCS) light on the dash has been coming on, but upon turning off and restarting the car, it disappears. This has been happening on and off. I went to my Honda dealer's service department and they did a diagnostic test on the...

80s Chev truck, brake light - tail light troubleshoot [ 1 Answers ]

Help me please. Have early 80s chev pu... Front L turn signal light comes on when brake is applied... Seen a few of these on the road... Could this be a chev problem? Or just an electrical problem? Is there an obvious answer? Thanks, David

2001 4 cylinder hyundai sonata [ 2 Answers ]

Facing the engine from the front bumper what is the order by number of the cylinders and what is the firing order. I am getting a "misfire on cylinder 3" code. Thank you

Mondeo brake pad service light prob [ 1 Answers ]

>:(I hope some one can help me I have a 1996 ford mondeo 2.5 V6 ghia x. The problem I have is that the brake pad service light on the dash stays on when I have changed the pads all round, changed the brake fluid through the system, I have checked the float in the brake resivor that is OK, all...

View more questions Search