Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    algranville2000 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2006, 12:10 AM
    Making Money Using The Net
    I'm looking for ways to make money using the internet. I can navigate on a level of 8 on a 1 to 10 scale. I can find people on the net. I can research and find most information on the net. Therefore, please give me advice on which businesses are legitimate and don't cost much to start.

My background is in Aerospace/Defense, and I was a Sr. Technical Writer. I am very detailed and can, of course, write and edit well. Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank You.

Art Granville
    California
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2006, 12:30 AM
    Basically to make money on the internet you either have to come up with:
    • A unique idea for a website. Some recent examples that have done well (but are now copied by everyone) are:Something new that nobody has done before could become very popular and earn you lots of money via merchandise & advertising.
    • The second alternative is to sell something - books, clothes, pictures of Elvis - anything basically. A lot of people start with an eBay shop and go from there.
    • If you were a technical writer than maybe you could write a book on something? A good service where you can write and publish your own book via the internet is http://www.lulu.com
    • Finally there are services like Google Answers where you can get paid for researching & answering other people's questions for them. Google Answers aren't currently taking new experts but I thought it was worth a mention

Don't expect to be able to just start something on the internet and instantly make money from it. It doesn't work like that. The internet is filled with a large number of people trying to make some money from it and you need something that will differeniate you from the rest.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2006, 07:25 AM
    Excellent advice above.

A little expanding on the first one:

Identify an emerging technology, health issue, idea, etc, start a forum (a good free one is smf) about it and put in Google ads... and even check into paying for keywords.

... but of course the last thing LT said is still true.
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 14, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LTheobald
    Finally there are services like Google Answers where you can get paid for researching & answering other people's questions for them. Google Answers aren't currently taking new experts but I thought it was worth a mention
    Yeah and I think you can make money answering questions on this site as well!!

www.askmehelpdesk.com lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Serial killers making money off their crimes [ 5 Answers ]

I'm doing a study on serial killers, and I'm wondering if there are any federal laws preventing serial killers from making profit off their crimes. I would also like to know how many of all murders in the US are "separate" incindents, and how many of all murders in the US are to be considered...

Fast money making! [ 47 Answers ]

Hello people in here wondering how to make really fast money in runescape. Please give me some advice

Making vcd [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got some movies in my hard disk but I want to watch them on my t.v wth my family Is there is any software by which I can burn the movie on the cd-rom and watch it on my vcd/dvd player Please help

I was caught making fake money [ 3 Answers ]

I recently was busted for making fake 20's, I passed 8 fake 20 dollar bills. The police found another 15 or so in my trash. I understand that I committed a federal offense, what would be a ballpark of my punishment? I'm a single mom with 2 boys who's father recently committed suicide?

Making Money [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! My question is: Where can I find a job on the internet? Ive heard from many people that you can work from home and earn a decent income working online. But I can't seem to find any of these kinds of sites... Ive been looking for them for the past 3 years, and after numerous searches all I've...

View more questions Search