Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 27, 2006, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kriskstar
    well what do you expect, if you stay up so late, someone that knows you that might be up also and just want to see whats up. if its that big of an issue just turn your ringer off. you know people its really all that simple turn off the ringer, not everyone knows what your doing, and as far as all this stuff about no calls before 8 am or after 9 pm. this isnt the 1950s.
    Excuse me, did courtesy go out with the 50s? Not in my opinion! Sure one can turn the ringer off, but its not that simple. I have 4 phones in my house, should I turn all the ringers off at a certain time because of someone so rude as to call late? What about possible emergency calls?

No sir, Kris. You are WAY off base here. You need to understand something about manners and courtesy. An y maybe that is so 50s. If so, we NEED to go back to that.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jul 27, 2006, 07:40 AM
    If anyone calls me late even though I am usually up late their going to get an ear full... especially after the twins are born. I think since they have been told not to call it's totally disrespectful to continue with the late night calling. I have family on the west coast and they don't even call late, the one time my mom did she got an ear full. This is my home and my rules if you don't like it you don't have to call, show up, or be here. That's my thoughts.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kriskstar
    well what do you expect, if you stay up so late, someone that knows you that might be up also and just want to see whats up. if its that big of an issue just turn your ringer off. you know people its really all that simple turn off the ringer, not everyone knows what your doing, and as far as all this stuff about no calls before 8 am or after 9 pm. this isnt the 1950s.
    Ummm Kriskstar, you should have read all my posts in this thread before commenting. I explained that I can't turn the ringer off because my husband is a doctor and the hospital needs to be able to call him at any time, day or night. I also mentioned that I have told all my friends not to call after 10 pm, whether I am up or not, so they already know this. And I mentioned that this particular friend, if I don't answer the phone will come over and knock on my door after midnight, as she only lives a few houses down from us. Not to mention the fact that I have small children in the house who are sleeping.

Courtesy did not go out with the 1950s... for example, my parents don't like anyone calling during mealtimes... between 12 noon-1 pm, and 6-7 pm in the evening. They don't turn the ringers off, though... why should they? Everyone knows how they feel about being disturbed at the table, and those people who respect them don't call at that time. Even if I have some news for them, I usually wait until meal time is over, unless it's something extremely pressing.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Jul 27, 2006, 01:51 PM
    No doubt she is rude and a little bit out there. She's also selfish in disregarding your request and disrespecting the fact that you have small children.

Maybe your friend needs to be called at 4am, she might be up and bored or something. You can return the favor...
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 27, 2006, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momincali
    Maybe your friend needs to be called at 4am, she might be up and bored or something. You can return the favor...
    LoL Momincali you make a good point there ;) I think your friend would be really shocked if you called her at 4am full of life and just be like " Hey ! I'm still up you wanna chat and catch up etc " lmao

kriskstar please read Scottgem post he makes such a good point to your reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I answer his calls [ 10 Answers ]

My ex and I have been broken up for a few months now and I am not over him. He continues to call me to talk and find out how I am, and to tell me what's up with him. He has even told me he is seeing someone, so I don't understand why he even bothers calling. It hurts so much to talk to him....

Harassing or annoying calls [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any law against companies, private or public, continuing to make annoying phone calls to your private residence even after you have left messages on their answering machine to stop? Also is there any law dealing with how late in the evening they can call? I have the same company calling...

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

About Spartacus (calls for speculation) [ 5 Answers ]

How the history had changed if the pirates hadn't betrayed the Spartacus and his men? (I'm referring to the pirates that were to take Spartacus and his 70.000 men into Sicily but since he was betrayed, his men were slaughtered and Spartacus presumably died in the hands roman legions in Italy)

How are cell phone calls transmitted [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When I make a cellphone call from say Louisiana to California, how is the call transmitted: I am interested in knowing the exact details. How many base stations may be involved and when? When are wireless and wired mediums used? Is the method of transmission similar to that of a landline...

View more questions Search