Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzymoney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2006, 08:53 PM
    Portable room air conditioners
    Hi! Can you please tell me how much of an area does a 9,000 BTU cover from an air conditioner (portable unit)? Thanks
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 13, 2006, 10:10 PM
    Portable, as in hose out the window? I've seen but not worked with those, but going by cooling btu's 300 sq ft has been bandied about. In my experience you could get two rooms comfortable with a 9k AC.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Check this:
    http://www.feddersoutlet.com/sizingguide.html

Their 7000 BTU model is recommended for one room 12.5' x 20' (250 sq ft).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solar Air conditioners [ 1 Answers ]

HI All I am looking for a small solar powered AC unit which I could put in a small room (size 2 x 2 x 1.8 meters). This room is mainly made of glass and I am now using it as a storage room. The AC unit could replace one of the roof panels and I would prefer it to a modular type with little...

Servicing Air Conditioners [ 5 Answers ]

Can I add refrigerant to my 1998 Dodge Caravan air conditioning system?

Air conditioners 120vac vs 220vac [ 1 Answers ]

I want to purchase a window air conditioner. Some say that a 220 vac air conditioner is best, I want to know why. I understand that with the 220vac system, you can have more capacity, more BTU's. I don't need much since the room is small. What the difference?

Water conditioners [ 6 Answers ]

We have a Rainsoft whole house water conditioner. It seems to do the job but sometimes I see some pink around the filter faucet and around the drain in the sink where the water can sit. A neighbor said that reverse osmosis is better because you don't use salt but I thought that they all used salt....

Portable generators [ 2 Answers ]

I know there are a few threads about this but I wanted to clarify the answers for myself. First of all, we live in an area that has a high water table. I also heard the power goes out quite frequently. If that happens and our sump pump isn't able to work... well our basement will be in about 3-4...

View more questions Search