Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    100furnace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 09:03 PM
    Ignition failure carrier furnace
    Thk for the reply, I tried connecting a wire from the spark generator post and holding the other end 1/8 inch from the ground. First try a got a short burst of 3 weak sparks. Shut off furnace and re started this time no sparks a all. Checked that there was still voltage going to the SG unit. Guess I need a new SG unit. Any thoughts?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Yep sounds like the unit is toast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ignition proving failure [ 12 Answers ]

Carrier model 58RAV. Once a month the heating system's led code shows 14 ignition proving failure,after a couple of hours it resets itself and everything is fine.What gives?

Ignition interlock failure [ 5 Answers ]

What happens if someone who is court ordered to put a breathalyser in his or her fails a test? Is this a violation of probation? What is the probation officer's next move? Does the test record show the level of BAC or is a pass or fail kind of thing? This is all very to me, because technically...

Carrier 58SXA Furnace Ignition Problems [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old Carrier 58SXA furnace that has had problems igniting on colder and damp days for many years. Pilot, lockout device and board, fan board, and thermostat have been replaced, to no avail. Simply resetting main power supply to furnace temporarily solves problem. Pilot ignites...

Coleman, Evcon Ignition Failure [ 1 Answers ]

A couple of years ago, there was a recall on a part that a Company had to come out and replace. I had never had a problem with the furnace for 8 years. A short time later, I started having problems with ignition failure. I had a part replaced and a licensed Company went over everything and said...

View more questions Search