Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vks64 Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Creating a Chart in Excel by including values in X and Y Axis
    1) I want to create a chart using the data in my excel sheet.
    2) Data in Row 1 should become the x-axis labels in a chart and data in Row 2 should be the y-axis labels and the only data range actually in the chart.
    3) When I highlight data in Rows 1 and 2 then click on Chart Wizard both data
    series are plotted and the X-axis values are 1,2,3.. etc.
    4) Can the data in different Rows be plotted and named to have multiple line charts in a single chart?

Any ideas? Thanks in Advance!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 10:36 PM

Yes. Post up some data so I can see what you're dealing with.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 10:49 PM

Take a look at the data in this chart. It has Y-axis data across the top, and 3 X-axis data rows.

Highlighting the data and clicking the CHART icon starts an easy process of getting a multi-X-axis chart.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls Chart w-3 X-axis data.xls (18.0 KB, 440 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel line chart - no lines [ 9 Answers ]

I made an excel line chart for church attendance on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Thursday night. The markers are there to show the attendance, but there are no connecting lines even though I chose line chart. I have made a line chart before and it did have the lines. Does anyone know why...

Multiples of values in excel [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm trying to find a way of getting multiples of a value so I can use it in an IF statement. Basically I need the multiples of 60, I want to be able to say IF value is a multiple of 60 then this will happen. Is there a way to do this, I've been looking at LCMs, GCDs without any luck.

Filter from 2 Columns (Unique values) in Excel [ 1 Answers ]

I need to filter from both these sets of data in excel Set 1 Set 2 ----------------------- 986 Buchanan Dodsworth 563 67 789 Buchanan 235 689 Dodsworth 789 143

Disappearing Text Boxes in Excel Bar Chart [ 7 Answers ]

I have been working on this large horizontal bar chart. It has about 100 items to show as bars of different sizes, and requires 100 text boxes for comments. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TEXT BOXES BECAUSE THEY DISAPPEAR CONTINUALLY. If I click the area where a text box is, then it comes back. But I...

How to export database of chart prepared in powerpoint to excel worksheet [ 1 Answers ]

I have prepared one chart in powerpoint using excel worksheet. The worksheet was updated in powerpoint and no of slides of powerpoint were prepared. Now I want to import these charts in excel worksheet. I need help to perform this function.

View more questions Search