Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgregorius Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Why cold air blows out of cold air return when furnace is on
    Why does cold air blow out of the cold air return when the furance is on?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 01:57 PM
    The blower motor is running backwards ? Just a guess

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air [ 18 Answers ]

This actually just started a day ago and I am trying to figure out as much as I can before calling a service person (if necessary). My apologies in advance if I am leaving out important details but I've never dealt with a faulty heater or A/C before. My central heater in the attic was running...

Cold Air Duct Return Blows Instead of Sucks [ 16 Answers ]

HI, I need your help. I have purchased a home that has a new Hi-Effency forced air furnace. The house has a 2 1/2 ft crawl space - no basement. The heating and return ducts are below under the floor boards of the house in the crawl space. The crawl space is insulated as are the ducts. My...

Furnace blows hot air for 3 min. Then cold for 3 ? [ 4 Answers ]

Furnace blows hot air for about 3-4 min. (burners all firing nicely) then burners go out but air continues to blow (cold) for 3-4 min. All registers are open and the pressure is VERY strong (small house - 6 ports) cycle repeats about every 10 min. or so. Also, what would the black plastic bucket...

Gas furnace blows cold air [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I have a gas furnace, not sure of the brand. It is blowing cold air. When I watched it go 'on' before, here's how it generally works - the pilot light ignites, then generally several seconds later the furnace 'catches', makes a low rumble and starts sending warmer air through the vents. ...

Furnace blows cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my furnace stopped heating my home. It is 3 years old & I did some minor troubleshooting. The filter is not clogged and the blower is circulating air normally. I checked inside the unit & the ignitor coil is heating and starting the gas jets burning, but they shut off after about 10...

View more questions Search