Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TAKECAREOFURKID Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Opening bank accounts for children under 18 receiving ssdi checks
    my children will be receiving ssdi checks but I will be the payee. What type of accounts must I set up for them? There checks will be going direct deposit, what are the conditions of me making withdrawals, to take care of their daily needs?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 02:31 PM

If you are the payee you don't have to open checking accounts for your kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does receiving alimony effect my SSDI benefits? [ 8 Answers ]

I am in the process of an "ugly" divorce. I am disabled and receiving SSDI currently. It was taxable when I was married due to my husband's income. My "ex" will have to pay me some alimony, but I am concerned, will this alimony take away from my social security disability benefits, because is it...

Checks wrote on closed accounts [ 10 Answers ]

What happens

SSDI and Bank Levy, Garnishment, etc [ 3 Answers ]

I have read all about the Social Security being "untouchable" by levy or garnishment. I have heard that when the money comes from Social Security and hits your bank account it is "fair game" It is considered income. My questions are many and I am really worried that the CC co. will take action. ...

One person, Two bank accounts, One bank. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm quite a young and unexperienced adult... I need a second bank account and my question is... Do banks allow you to have two bank accounts for one person in the same bank?

Old Bank Statements & Checks [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how far back banks save old accounts pertaining to statements and copies of checks. Did banks ever copy them to microfiche? I am really in need.

View more questions Search