Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chim9656 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Concord 90 plus high efficiency furnace
    For past few days home temperature drops down approx 6-7C degrees at night so I checked the furnace which gives me sometimes (6) LED signals other times (3) LED signals. I followed the back panel instructions also drain out water from tube connecting to motor and restart, however each time it lasts for an hour or so and dies out again for next cycle. Please advise.. Thx
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 06:26 PM

Clear out the line that's stopped up, the condensation is suppose to be draining away and out,, then it won`t build up in your system
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 06:40 PM

And don't try to devise a clever system whereby you use the furnace condensate to irrigate your indoor garden... it won't be pretty...

Dec 18, 2008, 07:23 PM
    How do I take the water or codensation out? Isn't it suppose to evaporate by itself. I have been draining out manually by removing yellow nipples, however it builds up up again? Somebody... Please help
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 07:28 PM

You need to connect a drain line to it so that it can constantly drain while in operation.

Dec 18, 2008, 07:29 PM

The transparent tube which connects to the pressure switch also codensated and LED signal 3 flashes which reads as," Pressure switch open, should be closed"
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 07:31 PM

Whoever installed your furnace was suppose to install a drain system so the condensation would drain out either into a floor drain or into a condensation pump that would then pump the water away,, if you don`t have this you need a hvac tech to take care of the prob. That the installer didn`t do right
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 07:32 PM
    How long has this been going on>?

Dec 18, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Past 6 years I never had connected any additional drain. Do I need one now? My understanding is that the condensation is blown out by vent motor air pressure... out of the house... Please correct if I'm wrong

Dec 18, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Had this prolm last yr. I just turned the main gas line off and couple times and was OK since then... nostarted again about 3-4 days ago
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 07:48 PM

6 years? There's a drain there somewhere, and it or the trap is clogged.

Dec 18, 2008, 08:01 PM

Thank you guys for all your suggestions, at least now I could narrow down my problem list. I think you all are right, its water which needs to find ist way out
    pattilaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 04:20 AM
    Comment on wmproop's post
    This worked, we drained the tube and the furnace came back on. Although, the tube keeps filling up and then it shuts off again, we have to figure out a way to make it keep draining.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Amana 80 High Efficiency Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Can anybody tell me if my Amana 80 SSE furnace has a Thermalcouple? My furnace started cutting out last night and I started asking around and a couple people told me that's what might be the problem. Someone else told me that my type of furnace doesn't have a Thermalcouple, but...

Concord 90% Efficiency Furnace Troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

The furnaces vent blower comes on then no ignition of gas ,so it turns back off.? Does anyone know the Led Trouble shooting codes for this counterflow furnace? Model #45738-001.

Concord 90 Plus High Efficiency Heater [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone help me figure out why the fuse on my heater keeps blowing? I'm actually trying to run the air conditioner and get nothing, no fan or anything. I took off the front cover and found a #5 fuse on a small square panel/board. I change it and it just blows right away. Again it's a Concord 90...

Concord 90 Plus High Efficiency Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

If my hubby is correct, our central air also is "powered" by our furnace. For some reason, the air conditioning isn't working right. If you leave it on for more than an hour, it freezes up the lines going to the unit outside and only brings down the temp in the house by one degree! He cleaned it...

Humidifier and high efficiency furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have 7 years old high efficiency furnace and new flow through humidifier. Problem is that I do not have necessary level of humidity in my house. It is never more then 26%, which is dry. Should be between 40-60%. Everything works fine, water flows through humidifier every time furnace...

View more questions Search