Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamabear8024 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Does anyone know the best way to find a biological father?
    I am searching for my biological father and I don't have much information to go on but I have tried lots of different sites and so far I have not found much or they cost lots of money which I don't have.

He and my mother divorced when I was 3 and I haven't seen him since I have no pictures my mother burned them all. The only thing I have to go on is names and that's not much I have no age I do have a rough Idea where he might be.

His name is Randy Kerrigan and my grandparents names are Charles & Jeanine Kerrigan and they were apparently missionaries with the salvation army and shipped out west some years ago. I know they have daughters but I don't know there names.

So if anyone knows anything that could help that would be a great help.

Thanks Shannon:confused:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mamabear8024 View Post
    I am searching for my biological father and I don't have much information to go on but i have tried lots of different sites and so far i have not found much or they cost lots of money which i don't have.

He and my mother divorced when i was 3 and i haven't seen him since I have no pictures my mother burned them all. The only thing I have to go on is names and thats not much I have no age I do have a rough Idea where he might be.

His name is Randy Kerrigan and my grandparents names are Charles & Jeanine Kerrigan and they were apparently missionaries with the salvation army and shipped out west some years ago. I know they have daughters but I don't know there names.

This should be moved to the missing persons board.

When you say "Out West" do you have any idea where?

And how old are you? An adult?

Dec 18, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    This should be moved to the missing persons board.

When you say "Out West" do you have any idea where?

And how old are you? An adult?
    I am 31 years old and out west well they were in ontario canada and I moved out west to calgary area and so I don't if that means out here or what I'm still searchin for information and my family is not making it easy, my grandparents are the ones that were shipped out wesy and I believe that my father is still in ontario Orillia or gravenhurdt in that area some where
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 01:53 PM
    I am 31 years old and out west well they were in ontario canada and i moved out west to calgary area and so i don't if that means out here or what i'm still searchin for information and my family is not making it easy, my grandparents are the ones that were shipped out wesy and I believe that my father is still in ontario Orillia or gravenhurdt in that area some where

Okay, someone will be on it.

The reason behind the age question is because sometimes people who are minors are looking for parents -
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Dec 18, 2008, 05:18 PM
    There aren't many listings in Canada as far as Randy, Charles or Jeanine Kerrigan's are concerned. Have you tried contacting the Salvation Army to try locating his family? I am sure they would be willing to relay your contact information to forward it if they are still actively with them.

Dec 18, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem_22205 View Post
    There aren't many listings in Canada as far as Randy, Charles or Jeanine Kerrigan's are concerned. Have you tried contacting the Salvation Army to try locating his family? I am sure they would be willing to relay your contact information to forward it if they are still actively with them.
    Thank you and yes I have contacted the salvation army and they are looking into it for me now it's just the waiting game.
    kristenicole24 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 08:31 PM

I know exactly how you feel when I was born I was adopted before I could ever meet my parents but luckily my adoptive parents were private investigators, you could try going to courthouses maybe there are some records there... your mother doesn't know how old he would be?

Sometimes its hard to find people for one reason is they don't want to be found, I tried meeting my father and he wanted nothing to do with me... so please don't get your hopes up cause it hurts real bad sometimes... you could also try the missing persons thing that may do you some good.

I wish you the best of luck!
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kristenicole24 View Post
    i know exactly how you feel when i was born i was adopted before i could ever meet my parents but luckily my adoptive parents were private investigators, you could try going to courthouses maybe there are some records there...your mother doesnt know how old he would be?

sometimes its hard to find people for one reason is they dont want to be found, i tried meeting my father and he wanted nothing to do with me...so please dont get your hopes up cause it hurts real bad sometimes...you could also try the missing persons thing that may do you some good.

i wish you the best of luck!

Perhaps your parents would be willing to use their abilities and connections to help the OP. It would be most helpful to her.

I'm surprised that your adoptive parents didn't know who your natural parents were and had to find them. I think that's fairly unusual - but I'm not sure.

And, yes, someone who posts regularly went through a lot to locate her father, only to have him say terrible things about her mother and shun her. You have to have a sort of tough skin about it, be prepared for anything.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 09:23 PM
    I'm surprised that your adoptive parents didn't know who your natural parents were and had to find them. I think that's fairly unusual - but I'm not sure.
    That depends on how far back you go.

If it was prior to the 80s, most adoptive parents were just handed a child by the agency, their lawyer, or a doctor, and went to court to have it finalized.

SOMETIMES background information was given, but oftentimes it was not--supposedly in the name of privacy.

Adoption was and is big business. What made it hard for a biological parent to come back and "steal" the child (a reassurance sometimes given to adoptive parents) also made it impossible for adoptive parents to know anything about the biological parent.
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    That depends on how far back you go.

If it was prior to the 80s, most adoptive parents were just handed a child by the agency, their lawyer, or a doctor, and went to court to have it finalized.

SOMETIMES background information was given, but oftentimes it was not--supposedly in the name of privacy.

Adoption was and is big business. What made it hard for a biological parent to come back and "steal" the child (a reassurance sometimes given to adoptive parents) also made it impossible for adoptive parents to know anything about the biological parent.

All my experience is/was in private (Attorney) adoptions and all the information was exchanged - or at least the Mother's information. I didn't realize all Attorneys didn't go through those same steps.

Now and then I still do a background on a woman who is interested in having her child adopted and the parents have lifestyle questions and want more info on the mother.

Frankly - it always makes me very uncomfortable.

Sad indeed - no wonder so many people post, so many are looking for their history, including medical. I suppose it guarantees no one will come knocking on your door.

Sigh! I guess there's no middle road here.

Dec 18, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kristenicole24 View Post
    i know exactly how you feel when i was born i was adopted before i could ever meet my parents but luckily my adoptive parents were private investigators, you could try going to courthouses maybe there are some records there...your mother doesnt know how old he would be?

sometimes its hard to find people for one reason is they dont want to be found, i tried meeting my father and he wanted nothing to do with me...so please dont get your hopes up cause it hurts real bad sometimes...you could also try the missing persons thing that may do you some good.

i wish you the best of luck!
    I am mostly looking because I need truth question answered, I know that it may not be the best thing but he could at least answer a few questions for me. I grew up with my mother and come to find out I reaaly don't know her at all and I need to know if she made everything up about what happened. I have learned that my mother is not the most truthful person and I need to know if the way she is acting is the same as when she was younger they got together when she was 15 and they had me and my twin brothers and after they were born he was gone. There are so many stories out there that I have been told but nothing from his side. My mother did tell me once that an aunt was looking for me but I didn't believe her and the only way to get things out in the open is to ask that side of the family.

And thanks for taking the time to respond to my question
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 06:49 AM
    I am mostly looking because i need truth question answered, I know that it may not be the best thing but he could at least answer a few questions for me. I grew up with my mother and come to find out I reaaly don't know her at all and I need to know if she made everything up about what happened. I have learned that my mother is not the most truthful person and I need to know if the way she is acting is the same as when she was younger they got together when she was 15 and they had me and my twin brothers and after they were born he was gone. There are so many stories out there that I have been told but nothing from his side. My mother did tell me once that an aunt was looking for me but I didn't believe her and the only way to get things out in the open is to ask that side of the family.

and thanks for taking the time to respond to my question

There is never a problem when people seek - and find - with open eyes. It's when (usually younger) people are looking for the fantasy parent that it gets sad and painful for them.

I'm sorry you have had to grow up like this, that you're going through this now.

Let's see if someone can help you get some answers.

Dec 19, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Here are the only two (2) listings for R. Kerrigan in the Gravenhurst.

R.J. Kerrigan
    (705)687-6407
    690 Muskoka Beach Road
    Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1B1

R. Kerrigan
    (705)687-5674
    1255 Woodland Drive
    Gravenhurst, ON

No age listed.

Dec 19, 2008, 10:31 PM
    There is never a problem when people seek - and find - with open eyes. It's when (usually younger) people are looking for the fantasy parent that it gets sad and painful for them.

I'm sorry you have had to grow up like this, that you're going through this now.

Let's see if someone can help you get some answers.
    Thanks that would be great any help or info would give me a place to start and maybe get some answers. So thanl you again

Dec 19, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem_22205 View Post
    Here are the only two (2) listings for R. Kerrigan in the Gravenhurst.

R.J. Kerrigan
    (705)687-6407
    690 Muskoka Beach Road
    Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1B1

R. Kerrigan
    (705)687-5674
    1255 Woodland Drive
    Gravenhurst, ON

No age listed.
    Thank you for taking the time to look and I guess it's aas good a place as any right. Thanks again
    Austin26chick Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 12:00 AM

We have very similar stories my dad hasn't been in the picture since the day I was born. And all I have to go on is a name just like you. I'm glad I'm not the only one searching for that missing link. Good Luck

Dec 23, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin26chick View Post
    We have very similar stories my dad hasn't been in the picture since the day I was born. And all I have to go on is a name just like you. I'm glad I'm not the only one searching for that missin link. Good Luck
    There seems to be a lot of us out there with a missing link and not much info to go on and not easy but we keep pushing along, well at least we have other people that are going through the same things we are so we have other people to talk to weather it's a question or weather your just lending an ear at least we are not the only ones we are not alond in our quest. GOOD LUCK to you as well

Jan 14, 2009, 01:09 PM
    I am searching for my biological father and I don't have much information to go on but i have tried lots of different sites and so far i have not found much or they cost lots of money which i don't have.

He and my mother divorced when i was 3 and i haven't seen him since I have no pictures my mother burned them all. The only thing I have to go on is names and thats not much I have no age I do have a rough Idea where he might be.

Hey it's Shannon again I didn't know where to put this but I just wanted to let everyone know that I found an aunt one of my fathers sisters and I actully spoke to her last night on the phone and she has been looking a long time for me and my brothers for a long time. I Found her through an aunt of mine they grew up tp gether I get I just wasn't asking the right people and so far it's good I have 3 aunts a father and my grandmother is still alive I have lots of cousins I also have 3 half sisters so I have lots of family. IO just wanted to thank everyone for listening and offering there help. Best wishes to alll of you

Jan 14, 2009, 03:03 PM

That is great news to hear. I personally love it when families are reunited and can begin building lasting bonds. The best to you and yours alike.
    paul cole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2013, 02:45 PM
    Hi I. I am also adopted and know how difficult this can be . I knew your father a number of years ago he was living on the rama indian reserve. He maried a women called jo-ane billings and had at least two more children

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find my biological father [ 5 Answers ]

I have been looking for years to find him and I want to meet him

Find my biological father [ 1 Answers ]

I was adopted in 1973 by my step-dad at that time my biological father was not located. From my understanding they ran an add the paper where he was last at no response the adoption went through. I have very limited info on my father but he was born in Ireland so that should narrow things down a...

Looking to find my biological Father [ 1 Answers ]

His name is Phillip M Gregory he's from Texas He was in the army with my mother THEY WERE BOTH STATIONED IN FRANKFORT GERMANY IN 1978 WHEN I WAS BORN he is approxmately 48-49 years old I just want to find him. My mothers name was Joanne DeVries. I'm trying to find a way to contact him.

How do I find my biological father [ 6 Answers ]

I know my biological fathers name and former places he has lived, approximate age within a year, how do I find him

How do I find my biological father [ 3 Answers ]

I need to findmy biological father for free

View more questions Search