Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelrn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 08:53 AM
    What to do when being sued by a credit card company.
    I just recently was sued by Capital One Bank. I was living with someone and was not there when the sheriff gave the papers. The person I was living with took it upon herself to take the papers from the sheriff. I had moved that day and she was pissed :mad:that I had moved out. I spoke with the attorney assistant and he was very rude and nasty. What he wanted me to pay I can't afford. I am only working part-time getting between 15-22 hours a week. I have rent to pay which is a struggle. I asked if I could make payment arrangements based on my income but he said "NO". I went to the magistrate court and was told to comply by writing them a letter. What should I do?:confused:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 09:02 AM

You need to formally file an Answer to the Complaint within the proper time frame provided so the Plaintiff does not get an automatic Default Judgment against you. This is only going to prolong your situation though and not relieve you of the debt being paid. Times are tough, but you did incur the debt and they did file suit against you. Be sure to file your Answer with the court and send a copy of the Answer to the Plaintiff's attorney.
    noontwelve Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2009, 11:20 AM
    I am currently being sued by them right now. And they sent me court papers.. what happened to you? Should I send the "return on service of summons?"
    Good luck.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by noontwelve View Post
    I am currently being sued by them right now. And they sent me court papers..what happened to you?. Should i send the "return on service of summons?"
    good luck.

Please don't piggyback - answered on your other thread.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 12:34 PM
    [QUOTE=Comments on this post
    noontwelve disagrees: I have no idea what the heck you mean by piggybacking.[/QUOTE]

Piggybacking is when you add your information or another question to someone else's thread instead of answering the OP's (original poster's) question. Greenies and reddies are used to agree or disagree with the content of someone's answer, not because you don't understand it.

I gave you a very lengthy answer on your original thread, yet you had no comment. You didn't understand the term "piggy backing" so you had a comment.

Here are the rules of the site: Ask Me Help Desk - FAQ: Terms of Service, FAQ and How To Use This Site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued by credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

I am being sued by US Bank for 12,826.91 plus costs. They added on $3110.65 from the original balance of 971.26. Is this interest possibly?? I know that I was previously at $6991.82 before all the interest and finance charges. History: I was a student for 4 years and was having trouble paying...

Sued by credit card company [ 3 Answers ]

I'm being sued by a credit card company, is there any other solution I can do without Going to court? Rick

Being sued by Credit Card company [ 1 Answers ]

I just a served saying I'm being sued. The CC company sold my debt to a Holding company. Now they are suing me for over 20K. Question is who knew after 4 yrs they sold it. I did not agree to pay them they bought it cheap. I did not sign anything with this company. Do I have to pay them for there...

I am Being Sued by a credit card company [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California I am being sued by a credit card company and I was wondering what can happen from here? Can they garnish my wages take my cars and house :( ? I can't afford a lawyer and there are a lot of codes on the papers I have been served that I don't understand. Please Help.

Sued by credit card company [ 1 Answers ]

What do I do when sued by credit card company?

View more questions Search