Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NAVSEA43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Quality of Goodman furnace?
    What is comparative quality of Goodman furnace?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Goodman is a good unit but the install tells all. For the money it is hard to beat Goodman.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 18, 2008, 07:20 PM

I have to agree with hvac1000. I install quite a few Goodman's a year. Good warranty and the quality is comparable or better than anything else out there.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Remember you get what you pay for. Do your home work. The best price may not be the best deal.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 07:45 PM

And when the time come,and it will,nothing lasts forever,, the parts for a goodman isn`t like buying Cadilac parts ,reasonable and can be bought at most any hvac parts house. They (Goodman are not a parts selling company like a lot of the other brands are)

Dec 18, 2008, 07:47 PM

The above post is true but sometimes you don't get what you pay for. Some people still buy into the propaganda about certain manufacturers.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 08:06 PM

Man, I usually agree with my fellow "panel" members, but I just can't do it on this one. Just speaking from my own experience with them (goin' on 19 years), Goodman/Janitrol is by far the biggest piece of crap I have ever, ever seen. Sure, parts warranty is comparable to most, but you better take that cash you saved buying one and invest in a service/repair training course. Or make real good friends with someone who has. Parts are cheap, but labor ain't!

Dec 18, 2008, 08:10 PM

The quality of Goodman has increased over the past few years. The 'Junkitrol' stigma is all but gone... at least among the techs I know.
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 08:14 PM

I hope you're right, they couldn't have been much worse in my view.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 08:14 PM

If everyone like red trucks there wouldn`t be nothing but red trucks on the road,if everyone had trouble with too much gas in their beans everyone would stop eating beans,, this is why we say (differant strokes for different folks)
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 08:18 PM

I sell Goodman as a second line, one because I can buy it a little less, second some people think the Carrier is just a company that you are paying for their name.

I see nothing wrong with a Goodman, and would replace my Carrier with one when the time comes.
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 08:18 PM

Maybe this is another example of that "some things work well in some areas, not so well in others"... variable-speed motors work well here!:D You had to see that coming MW/AK!
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2008, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkwithaK View Post
    The quality of Goodman has increased over the past few years. The 'Junkitrol' stigma is all but gone....at least among the techs I know.
    I know they finally ditched that ring-popper primary h/x design, but I still see far too many condensate leaks, collector box cracks, eccentric/vibrating blower wheels... I know they don't manufacture these parts, they just put 'em on their equipment. My house had a Goodman when we bought it, and I couldn't wait to be rid of it.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2008, 07:03 PM
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/a...y-205/overview
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 12:56 AM

Just as the French language has no words for "victory" or "courage", I don't believe "Goodman" and "quality" can be used properly in the same sentence.

Dec 21, 2008, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Just as the French language has no words for "victory" or "courage", I don't believe "Lennox" and "quality" can be used properly in the same sentence.
    There you go. Fixed that comment for you. :D
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 01:27 PM

Now you're putting words in my mouth... really bad words... :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Quality of Goodman AC Units [ 4 Answers ]

How good are the Goodman brand of AC units?

Goodman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new goodman furnace that only ignites and runs for a few seconds and then starts all over again and the blower runs constantly with the induction fan shutting on and off. Is this a limit switch making it do this?

Goodman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I would like more info about Goodman furnaces. I just had a man look at my old furnace and give me a bid of $1,450.00 to take out the old one and install a Goodman 80% and bring the old piping up to code. Thanks... jorjee

Goodman Gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Up until yesterday my furnace was working fine now it does not come on at all. I have turned off the power to it and the breaker and still nothing. I also have tried turning on the air and that does not come on either. I don't know the model number but I have been using it for about 4 years now.

View more questions Search