Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bruised toe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2006, 09:22 PM
    Windows 98 resizing screen and colors
    I recently reinstalled windows 98 and wasn't able to resize my screen area or colors. I have only 2 or 16 colors available and extra large windows and graphics, in poor quality. This happened before and the Microsoft solution had to do something with creating an alternate configuration (naming it something like TEMP) and then changing the monitor or display on either the original or the TEMP configuration, among another step or two, and then restarting and being able to adjust the screen area and colors, like magic, and then deleting the other configuration when finished. Unfortunately, Microsoft killed the support for windows 98 problems, as well as other, and I'm not able to find the solution through them. Is anyone able to help me out that remembers the correct steps to what I surely incorrectly alluded to above? Much thanks. 7/06:confused:
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Jul 13, 2006, 01:28 AM
    To resolve this issue, find out the make and model of your graphics card. Go to that manufacturers website and download the windows 98 drivers for the card. Install these drivers and hopefully you should get control of your display back!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows xp pro- blue screen of death [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, had to join after I asked a friend on this issue. ( And I thought XP was immune from this.) It say's: On Blue Screen; Stop: C0000218 {Registry File Failure} The Registry cannot Load the Hive File:\SystemRoot\System32\Config\Software Or it's log or alternative. It is...

Resizing photos. [ 3 Answers ]

I want to place some photos on eBay, but I can't as the photos are too big. How can I reduce their size? Must I buy an expensive program like Photoshop? Also, I have an install CD but my iMac (OSX 10.1.2) tells me I can't install it because it does not appear to be compressed or encoded. What...

Resizing [ 3 Answers ]

All of the sudden my window has decided to resize itself to VERY LARGE!! Just out of the blue this happened. I have gone to view and all settings are the same, but when I look at the forum I can only see maybe 3 threads where previous I could see the entire page. This happened while I was...

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Open Multiple Windows as full Screen [ 2 Answers ]

Somehow my screen adjustments have been altered in my XP. I open up say a Word doc, then when I go to the internet & click on the screen it isn't the full size. I have to keep adjusting each time, by stretching out the corners. Then when I go to the next program that I want to I have to keep...

View more questions Search