Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniella4087 Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Dec 17, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Sore throat
    Hi... my 21 month old I think might have a sore throat.. I have a little bit of a sore throat and I think my mother does as well... but just a few mintues ago.. she woke up for a minute looking for a pacifier as I noticed when she tried to swallow she had some difficulty... she never had a sore throat before and we were just at the doctors on Monday because she had a little fever but she had nothing wrong with her... maybe she had a fever cause she was going to develop something... so what can you do if you baby has a sore throat until I get her to the doctors..?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 08:41 AM

Is she crying? Does she seem upset? If she isn't acting like something is wrong, then I would leave her be. Letting her own body fight against infection strengthens it for the next time she gets sick.

If she is acting strange for more than a few days, then I would call the doctor and ask what they recommend. Mine recommended children's Robitussin when my daughter has a runny nose and is coughing; but check with your doctor before giving her anything.

Dec 18, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    Is she crying? Does she seem upset? If she isn't acting like something is wrong, then I would leave her be. Letting her own body fight against infection strengthens it for the next time she gets sick.

If she is acting strange for more than a few days, then I would call the doctor and ask what they recommend. Mine recommended children's Robitussin when my daughter has a runny nose and is coughing; but check with your doctor before giving her anything.

No she is not acting strange like anything is bothering her... but I don't know I will keep an eye on her and see... but thanks..
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 10:23 AM

That's what I usually do; I'm old-fashioned in the way of not running to the doctor for everything :) I almost pulled my hair out the other day listening to one of my friends say that she had given her nephew, who's only a few months old, pediatric Tylenol... because he was coughing!

Dec 18, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    That's what I usually do; I'm old-fashioned in the way of not running to the doctor for everything :) I almost pulled my hair out the other day listening to one of my friends say that she had given her nephew, who's only a few months old, pediatric Tylenol...because he was coughing!

Yeah I wouldn't usually do that but I live with my mother.. and every little thing that's wrong wit my daughter she wants to run to the doctors... if she's whinning she thinks she's sick I'm like she's a baby lol and just about 90% of the time there is nothing wrong with her if there is its nothing to major.. but my daughter has never had a cough... so I don't know what a doctor would tell me to do for that now at her age I'm sure she can take some kind of cough medicine... but I don't think she should have giving him medicine she should just be using suction to suck the boogies out to help with the coughing..
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2008, 02:12 PM

Your daughter is a month older than mine. If my daughter's nose is running and causing her to cough, I give her half a teaspoon of children's Robitussin. If it sounds more like she's coughing because she's got mucus in her lungs & throat, then I just use Vicks vapor rub; that takes care of it every time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

:(I've been having a sore throat for more than a month does that mean maybe I have to remove my tunsils?

Sore throat [ 4 Answers ]

I have had a sore throat for 4 days and there are two white spots in the back of my throat. It hurts to swallow. My glands are not swollen and I do not have a fever, cold or flu. Should I see a doctor or is this just viral? Thanks!

Sore throat [ 4 Answers ]

Dear everyone, Lately,I have a score throat every morning when I wake up, but after a couple of hours the pain is gone. I am totally fine. I am wondering why is that? The temp has been crazy lately too, if that will help you determine my case. Thanks:)

Sore throat! [ 8 Answers ]

I've had a sore throat for 3 days and now I have congestion and sneezing with it. When should I see my doctor and is this anything to worry about?:confused:

View more questions Search