Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petenice1148 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Are there any free cdl classes for felons?
    I'm a ex-felon wo has been in the same career for fifthteen years. But, I'm looking to chang careers. I love to travel. Been coast to caast. So, driving while I travel, I think I can relauch my dreams. Are there any oganizations. Who provide his service, for felons? I'm unemployed. But, not use to it. So, could you all reach out to me? Thank you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 07:00 PM

There are some OTR trucking companies who offer CDL training in exchange for working for the company at least so many months. Some companies require one year of employment and others require a bit longer. You'll need to contact the larger trucking companies and see if you qualify for their CDL training. It depends what your felony is and how long ago it was. Also if you have a spotless driving record this will help tremendously as well getting hired. You will probably have to go to their facility for the training and it's usually in a different state and stay there for about 2 months while being trained. An OTR carrier has this type of facility in Springfield, Ohio. Can't remember the name off hand but it's a big company. It's worth a try to see if you can do it as if you do get accepted at least you will know you have a job waiting for you when you do complete the training and get your CDL versus you pay $6,000+ to a trucking school and don't have a guaranteed job when you graduate. Plus with the OTR company when you do graduate you will be given on the job paid training as a trainee and will be paired up with a trainer for approximately 2-3 weeks to help you learn the tricks of the road driving OTR. Good luck. It can be a fun job but it's very exacting so be sure you know what you're getting into as it is a lonely job as well unless you drive team with another driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free ged classes in philadelphia [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any colleges or high schools in philadelphia where I can get my ged for free?

Free Student Grants for convcted felons [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 33 year old mother who was unjustly charged with child abuse. I was sentenced to prison after a technicality. I signed up for the work release program and resently finished my sentence in July 29,2008. I would like to know if I can sign up for a pel grant or some type of free financial help...

Truck driver classes for felons [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for any truck driving schools that might hire a person with a feloney,trying to help my son out.I am a class A cdl driver myself driving a box truck(by choice)would appreciate any info on this subject.

Free ged classes [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any free ged classes in philadelphia?

View more questions Search