Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sktulier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 05:18 PM
    What level or class felony is poss/w intent to distribute class d
    In criminal law is possession with intent to distribute class d "one gram " a major or minor felony?
    I have this on my record because in mass there was no limit to be charged this way
    But now it is a civil offence no longer a crime.now that mass law is changed when it comes to marijauna will my felony be a major facter in my quest to finish criminal justice and be in law enforcement
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sktulier View Post
    in criminal law is possession with intent to distribute class d "one gram " a major or minor felony?
    i have this on my record because in mass there was no limit to be charged this way
    but now it is a civil offence no longer a crime.now that mass law is changed when it comes to marijauna will my felony be a major facter in my quest to finish criminal justice and be in law enforcement

If you are asking if the change in the law FOLLOWING your conviction changes your conviction/record in any way, no, it does not.

Possession with intent to distribute is a lot more serious than possession. It is obviously a felony conviction, major or minor - it's not going to matter much.

Unless you are hired by a small Police Department I don't see you passing the background check with a "sale" charge.
    nmuray0911 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 06:57 PM
    All felonys are serious in nature, and you can be sentanced to state prison if its major or minor... whats worse (depending on the laws of your state) you will have to register as a drug offender and deal with parole or probation...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nmuray0911 View Post
    All felonys are serious in nature, and you can be sentanced to state prison if its major or minor...whats worse (depending on the laws of your state) you will have to register as a drug offender and deal with parole or probation....

He's already been charged and, apparently, convicted - the question is whether a conviction is changed if the crime is reduced to a lessor felony by a change in the laws.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is most likely to happen for a class 6 felony in virginia? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm facing a class 4 felony along with a class 6 felony for the same incident, my lawyer says the class 4 will be dropped an I'm going to plead guilty to the class 6. I'm only 18 and my record has nothing but a disorderly conduct misdemeanor on it. Any chance of a reduced charge so I don't have to...

Beginning Level class ==> Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? [ 7 Answers ]

I have an accounting project to do on adjusting entries. Yes, this is a beginning level class... so maybe you guys can help me. Apparently I'm doing something wrong and I really can't figure out what it is. So I can't really move on to completing the project yet. I'm getting a couple values...

Class D felony [ 5 Answers ]

What is a Class D felony and what is the penalty? couns1337

Felony class d unlawful use of weapon [ 1 Answers ]

What grounds do they have to enforce this? Never pulled a knife but did do hairpulling etc for the 3rd degree assault. Statement written says pulled knife but neither witness willing to testify for prosecution. What do they have if know one else saw this. Statements says don't know if would be...

Have Class B CDL (HAZ, AIr Brake,Tanker) Need Job but have Felony. [ 1 Answers ]

I have Straight Truck Experience and the endorsements listed in the title. I live in KCMO area. Anyone need a driver?

View more questions Search