Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Dec 17, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Ten Months
    My ten month old son has been walking for a month now he is staring to eat table foods, what worries me is that he will not hold his bottle. I am worried that he is advanced for a walker but what if he is behind in other skills
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 11:21 AM

Many kids simply do not have an interest in holding a bottle or a sippy cup. Does he hold other things like his toys?
    I wouldn't worry until you see other things that make you concerned.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Dec 17, 2008, 11:26 AM

He is holding other things so that is good thank you
    jagsmunchkin Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 08:16 PM

Hi, my daughter is 8.5 months. She has been crawling for a month, stands up while holding onto us or her toys. But she sure is lazy when it comes to her bottle. Like you said they hol dother things but I think its just laziness since they are so used to us holding it for them :) But hey every baby is different. I was so jealous when I saw a lady and her 6 month old son in the grocery store and he was holding his own bottle perfectly! My thoughts, they are becoming independent enough so fast already every little I can hang on to I will. Without going overboard by trying to keep them a baby forever. Happy Holidays! - Melissa
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2008, 08:21 PM

My son has never had the desire to hold his own bottle and never did. He developed fine he wasjust lazy
    momof2kids Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2009, 01:27 PM
    Neither of my 2 children EVER held their own bottles... I was COMPLETELY okay with this because I enjoyed holding on to some of the last "baby" things that you can do for your little one because very soon after walking they will want to do Everything by themselves... Don't worry, enjoy and relish in the moment... IT DOES NOT LAST LONG!! :(
    jennifer ellen Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2009, 04:50 AM

Hi
    My 13 month old daughter still doesn't hold her own bottle I think this is because she is so used to me doing it for her. She also walked at 10 months and is also very advanced at everything else.
    I think all kids are different and do stuff when they are ready or can be bothered to do it, as for my daughter she will only hold her juice cup to feed herself, as for bottle it must be a comfort thing for them for us to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting. Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned...

Seven months [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't had my period in close to 7 months, I've tried to tell my mom but she just won't listen. I don't know what to do. I am not pragnent, because I'm still a virgin. HELP!! :eek:

7 months on F1; 2 months on OPT; 3 months on H1B - what tax form should I Use? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 1. I am Indian Citizen 2. I am single 3. I was in school from July 2005 to May 2007. I graduated from school in May 2007. 4. I started working from August 13, 2007. a) First on, OPT until September 30, 2007 b) then on H1B visa from October 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007 (Still working)...

Bleeding 3 months straight after depo shot 4 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

The birth control shot I got was supposed to be good for 3 months. I got it 4 months ago, so I realize it should have worn off by now. Everything was fine for the 1st month, but for the past 3 MONTHS, I my vagina has continually been bleeding. After it had been doing this for 3 weeks I called to...

Worked 6 Months In Ca And 5 Months In Ny [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file separately if I lived and worked in CA 6 months and moved to NY 6months and worked 5 months here? Is it better to file a certain way in this situation

View more questions Search