Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WilliamJones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2003, 10:56 AM
    Postoperative procedures
    This may sound like an odd question, but--

When something is removed during surgery-- an appendix, lanryx, tissue, tumors, gallstones-- what specifically do they do with it? Feed it to the dog? Are there different means of disposal for different stuff? Is there some special container with a plasitic liner? And after that, what do they do? Burn it? Put it out with the garbage?

I’ve looked all over the net and can’t find an answer.

Is there an article in some medical journal that deals with this?

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 9, 2003, 07:24 AM
    postoperative procedures
    I can't answer for hospitals but I work at a women's clinic that does abortions and I imagine most medical facilities follow the same procedure that we do. The aborted remains are put in special biohazard bags and kept in a biohazard chill box until it is picked up weekly by a licensed biohazard disposal firm that then incinerates it. There are strict rules concerning this. Hope thisanswers your question. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Procedures for US collections [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone let me know if a US collection agency must follow Ontario Canada procedures if trying to collect from a Canadian citizen living in Ontario?

Al service conductors... Special Procedures? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I hope you can point me in the right direction. I have seen two references in books to special procedures with Al service conductors. I'm installing 4/0 AL for a 200A service. I understand you have to retourque the terminations a day after installing, and that it's good to use an...

View more questions Search