Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ridge3124 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2006, 12:30 PM
    When is he fully grown?
    I have a boston terrier puppy. He is a little over 4 months old now. I am just trying to figure out when he will stop growing. I have heard with puppies you can take their weight at 3 months and double it. But I am just wondering when he will be fully grown. TIA!!
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 13, 2006, 07:13 AM
    Hello, where did you get your puppy? It you purchased it from a reputable breeder you should be able to look at the parents on the premises. If you purchased it from from a pet store than your puppy more than likely came from a puppy mill. You could try looking that the Boston Terrier Breed Standard,which I have listed here for you. I hope this was in some way helpful to you. (O:
    ridge3124 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2006, 07:31 AM
    Yea I got him from a breeder, and his parents were 15lbs and 18lbs. For some reason though I think he is going to be larger then this. At 4 months he is already a little over 12lbs. So that's why I was asking when he will be considered fully grown. Thanks though.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 13, 2006, 09:08 AM
    Thank you so much for not purchasing from a pet shop you have no idea, I am better with guinea pigs and horses as I rescue both, I do with I could give you a better answer than I did, (O:
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 13, 2006, 01:34 PM
    Some breeds grow fast (like the Chinese Char Pei is done at six months) and others are slow (my Lab/Hound mix was a year before she was done) so its best to look up for your specific breed. Males tend to be larger than females on an average. I have never heard of the three-month rule and think its not a very good gauge from what I've seen of puppy growth. Congrats on your new "baby" too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Grown Up Cats Eating Only Pellets [ 6 Answers ]

Sirs, I have two cats around one year old.They refuse to eat anything else other than pellets that are meant for dogs and puppies (Pedigree).Sometimes they eat chicken liver or beef liver.They will not touch milk or even fish. Thanks and regards, ...

Troubled grown daughter [ 19 Answers ]

My daughter had a biracial daughter. It was a beyond a shock. I love this child with all my heart, but my daughter treats me horrible. She never has anything to do with me unless she needs me to babysit. Today was the worst. We will probably never speak again. I can't reach her.

Grown daughter [ 31 Answers ]

I have a grown married daughter who left the country 2 years ago. She seems to have become very distant since she and her husband started their family. Our telephone conversations are fine, but our visits are stressful. I think she feels that she has to prove to her husband that she is strong and...

Whirlpool electric dryer not fully drying [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool electric dryer model number gew9868kq0. When I have a little load it dries OK in auto mode. When I have a med to full load I have to start it up a few times to dry in auto sensing mode. Any help would be great... Mike

Uninstall Yahoo messenger fully [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know about the uninstall the Yahoo messenger. Fully how it can uninstall fully without leaving any proof. Bye

View more questions Search