Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Dec 16, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Job for home
    I am looking for a job I can do online so I can stay home with my infant child... I have no money to put into it... does anyone have any ideas?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Try Avon or Mary Kay. Become a rep and host parties in your house while your baby is still young. As he gets older, you can branch out to doing parties in other people's homes.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 03:45 AM

Hi, nitelight198073!

What sort of education, skills and training do you already have, please?

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, nitelight198073!

What sort of education, skills and training do you already have, please?

Thanks!
    I use the internet quite a lot and I enjoy typing and I am pretty good at it. I have been a secretary for my brother in law for awhile until my sister broke up with him and moved out so of course I got fired. At one time I was thinking about being a moderator on a forum or chat room but most of those do not get paid... I don't know I just wanted to find a decent job I can do and take care of my infant son also... I don't have any money to put into it allour money goes to bills and such.I just dpmt trust anyone to take care of my son. I don't know maybe you can help. I have a high school education
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Since you are taking care of your son, maybe you could care for other children as well. Do any friends, relatives or neighbors have small children?

Jan 7, 2009, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoodhull View Post
    Since you are taking care of your son, maybe you could care for other children as well. Do any friends, relatives or neighbors have small children?
    Unfortunately my relatives and such feel they don't have to pay been there done that it was too much for them to pay 20 bucks a day... I thought they were getting off easy considering the prices for daycare.
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 10:41 AM
    Wow - wouldn't pay $20?

Maybe you could try cleaning houses? Usually people are at work while you are cleaning, so it wouldn't be a problem to bring your son.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 11:04 AM

What about typing papers in MS Word for area high schoolers or community college or four-year college students? With the computer, at least you could do all the work of typing all the words, and the student, who is responsible anyway for grammar and spelling and such, can easily go back over it to make any changes or corrections. Most schools have a bulletin board in the principal's or dean's or career office, so you could post a typist-available ad. You can do much of the file transferring via email and attachments, thus saving time and money on traveling to meet and drop off.

One of my clients was a stay-at-home mom who cleaned houses and was allowed to take her young daughter with her.

What about being a housekeeper for a homebound person, making lunch and dinner, doing laundry, cleaning house, getting in the mail, etc. (but no medical stuff)? That person would probably love having your child around for some added life!

Don't EVER EVER EVER pay money for work-at-home ideas or projects. Somebody is supposed to pay YOU, not you pay them!
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2009, 11:13 AM

I don't know if you have your own transportation but if you do I have an idea.

Place ads at the local senior apartment communities (not nursing homes) to be an errand runner, take to the doctor and meal preparer.

I used to pay a woman $15 per half-hour to take my mom to the doctor. This woman had several clients at one apartment community and stayed busy.

My girlfriend used to make meals and had several clients. These people were able to cook and all, but didn't want to fuss and buy the e stuff needed to cook for one person. She had a big family and making extra for her clients was no burden.

Just an idea.

Jan 7, 2009, 12:21 PM

I apppreciate everyone's input and I do not have a vehicle my husband needs it for work so I don't know well appreciate anyway
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 7, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nitelight198073 View Post
    I apppreciate everyones input and i do not have a vehicle my husband needs it for work so i dunno well appreciate anyways
    Where there's a will, there's a way. You still have a phone and a computer. If the typing interests you, contact area principals and college career offices. You can handle this whole thing via email and attachments. If you type one or two papers to students' satisfaction, the word will spread and you could end up with a nice little business. If you're a good typist, charge maybe $2 (or more?) per page. (They can mail you the payment.) I live in Chicago and a California press published four books I had written. I never went to their office, never met my editor, and never left my house except to do research at area libraries.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2009, 03:49 PM

Hi again, nitelight198073!

Depending on what subjects you were strongest at in school, perhaps you could offer tutoring to young students whose parents would bring the students to your home.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1/3 home owner family estate. Can I borrow with home as colatural? [ 1 Answers ]

My brothers and I each own 1/3 of estate property that we want to sale in the near future. Is it possible I could get a loan based on my 1/3 of the estate? With consent of brothers, and how would they be effected?

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

New home addition -home equity loan or remortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I am 54yrs old and have only 3 yrs left on mortgage.. I want to put on a new addition to house and looks like I will have to borrow $80,000.. Do I want to do home equity or remortgage? I would like to retire in 11 yrs or less

Schedule C home depreciation and effect on eventual sale of home in the future [ 1 Answers ]

I am debating if I should take depreciation on my personal home onto my federal schedule C. Let me explain, My gut feeling tells me that when I eventually sell my personal home I will be forced to add back all the depreciation I have taken on my schedule C for all those past years as income for...

View more questions Search