Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AllisonMcdonald Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Ghana Basic Travel Allowance
    Do you need $8000 dollars as Basic Travel allowance before leaving Ghana as afirst time traveller
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 17, 2008, 12:14 PM

NO NO NO...

Read here... https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/visas-...ud-288039.html
    gorgeouslady Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Jan 14, 2009, 04:21 PM

Noooooo,whoever asked you for so much money is clearly trying to scam you!! Be very careful because there are lots of people in ghana and other countries scamming people over the internet and such and asking for ridiculous amounts of money to travel and be with them.be wise
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2009, 04:25 PM

No, it is a scam, passports cost from 30 to 100 dollars ( if rushed) the medica is only about 100 dollars and the visa is from your nation

There is no 8000 requirement
    ladycosmo Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Nov 13, 2010, 12:06 PM
    HI,I have a qestion about a girl who will come and visit me here in Denmark,she is a American siticens,she lives in Benin,she borth a ticket here paasport is okay,and when she shut get on the plain she was being holding back,they told here that I shut send the money at 1200$,before she cut leave the country?the qestion is,are she or he,bluffing me?
    Immigration Expert

Nov 13, 2010, 05:57 PM

It's scam!!
    bv12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 08:55 AM
    This person is a scam!

The amrican ambassedy confirmed me that!

NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Mar 9, 2011, 10:17 AM

The check certainly looks a bit unusual. Did you photocopy the check to confirm the security features?
    Immigration Expert

Mar 9, 2011, 02:39 PM

This check is a fake one.

Routing number 042102267 belongs to
    BANK OF KENTUCKY, INC,
    PO BOX 577
    FLORENCE, KY 41022-0577
    Telephone Number (859) 371-2340

By the way, I've never seen passport photos that persona are allowed to SMILE a BIG smile like this one.. :p
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Mar 9, 2011, 04:18 PM

Scamming people must be fun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal travel allowance [ 9 Answers ]

Can you tell me if an american citizen has to pay p t a I am in contact with a lady in england claims to live in California but refuses to tell me an address in the states but said she is coming back but needs 750 pound as she has two children 3 and six that is why the airline insists I think I am...

Does someone in Ghana need to travel to S.A first? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a scammer that I am chatting to and he told me that if he were to come here (New Zealand), he would first have to travel to South Africa and needed n.z$500 for the "doctor's fee" to get medical clearance. Does someone from Ghana need to first travel to South Africa to come here?

Personal travel allowance [ 18 Answers ]

There a person that I'm talking to on line who wants to come to America soon. Says that he needs to have a certain amount of money on him when he travel here. Is this true? He has a passport and had an appointment for a visit to the Embassy. Now he has to go to the US Embassy , and he need...

Travel from Ghana [ 1 Answers ]

What are the exact costs associated with travel from Ghana to the USA? I have read on the US Embassy website that the visa cost is $131. Are medical reports, police reports, or any other costs involved including a basic travelers allowance (BTA)?

View more questions Search