Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GarageProblem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Garage door won't open w/remote unless very close
    I have an old Stanley garage door with a remote control garage door opener. The remote openers (regardless if built into the car or the original ones that came with the opener) no longer open the garage door unless they are very close to the garage door itself. Any ideas on what it might be?
    hiddencat12 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2008, 02:43 AM

Have you tried Checking the batterie In the remote?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote doesn't open garage door. [ 11 Answers ]

Remote doesn't open garage door. If I press the button within the garage, it will open or close the door. The battery in the remote is new. The built in car opener doesn't work either. At one point, door would open with the remote for several days and then it wouldn't. This happened on two...

Overhead garage door won't open with remote [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 Overhead garage door openers. One stopped working a couple weeks ago and the other today. It appeared that the batteries were dead. I replaced the appropriate batteris but door won't open. The red light on remote indicates that the remote is working

Garage door wiil close but not open [ 2 Answers ]

Our garage door challenger photo sense model p1534 will close with switch but will not open what's wrong?

Garage door will close but not open with wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

Our garage door is a challenger photo sense model p1534. It will close with the wall switch but will not open and the light blicks on and off, nothing is blocking the sensors is there a reset buttom for th sensor our the whole unit. We can figure out why will it close but would not open.. HELP!

Garage door does not close [ 3 Answers ]

The door moves down a few inches and stops. If I pull it manually and press the remote it does close. There is no problem opening it with the remote. The sensors are aligned. Thanks

View more questions Search