Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gregconway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Wiring load center
    I have installed a new 200amp load center outside by my electric meter. Inside the load center the electric inspector told me that I needed 2 100amps to run to 2 separate moblie homes, so I did that. Now I am ready to run the wires they told me that I needed 3 wires and 1 ground wire, so I did that. Now inside the load center I have 100 amps circuit breakers and I need to know where to run the ground and netruel wires
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Dec 16, 2008, 10:26 PM

Ahh, first off are you sure you can do this yourself? It seems if you don't already know maybe you should hire a qualified electrician. Look I do a lot myself but I know when to call in the big guns. Anyway...

That being said you run the neutral and ground wires to the bars that you grounded when you installed the 200 amp main service entrance box. NEC requires you ground the main service entrance in two places if possible; to a grounding pole in the earth and to the homes plumbing system (where it enters the house) if made of metal. There are exceptions to this rule and some things I left out, that one of the experts on this site can tell you I am sure.

When you wire the sub panels for the mobile homes you will hook up the two hot wires to the 100 amp breaker in the sub panel – which will feed the hot bus bars. The neutral to one of the other bars (should be sliver) and the grounding wire to a green bar. Only at the main service entrance can the neutral and grounding wires come together.

I am no expert but I think the above is all correct, but again are you sure you really want to do this yourself? I would at least see how much a professional would cost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Load Center Capacity [ 11 Answers ]

I have a new Square D load center installed rated at 100 amps. What does the 100 amp rating mean? If I replace the 100 amp main breaker with 200 amp breaker does that mean that The load center could melt if 200 amps flowed through it or that the incoming service wires could melt or what. Just...

Increasing my load center capacity [ 1 Answers ]

I have a weather proof CH main lug load center, grounded to earth, rated at 125 amps, with space for 4 breakers. I will be removing the 4 breakers and putting in a 100 amp breaker. From this 100 amp breaker, I will be running wires, less than a foot to a new CH 125 amp outdoor load center with 16...

LOAD center, scientific atlanta [ 1 Answers ]

I need a wiring diagram for a scientific atlanta load cent, series dcu-g1530or similar devise

New main breaker load center - grounding [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a fuse box that I want to upgrade to a main breaker load center. My house is in the country so I have a pole with the meter and a service disconnect. From the service disconnect it braches to my barn, well pump, and the house. (Following the main into the house) Inside on...

600 Amp Service And Load Center With 6 Breakers [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Overhead Service With Single Phase 220v 600amp Going To 23 Boat Docks And A Small Club House And A Garage . I Need A All New Service Change And A Rewire To The Boat Docks . I Calculated The Dock Service Demand Load According To Nec 555-12 It Comes Out To Be 486 Amps I Have 5- 125 Amp 220v...

View more questions Search