Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcchampion Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

Dec 16, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Embed Windows Media Player with a video menu
    Hey there,

I'm looking for a code that will allow me to embed a windows media player into a webpage and allow the viewer to select a video file from a list of video files to play in the embedded media player.

In other words, I'm looking for a way to enable the viewer to select what video file he/she wants to watch and have that video play on the embedded media player.

Any clues?

:cool:
    Artem Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jan 12, 2009, 11:57 AM

You might try iframing. With one frame as a scrollbox with links, and the other with the video to be played.

Don't have much experience with frames, don't really like them as well, but maybe this gives you an idea or someone could provide the proper coding here.

:D
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 11:08 PM

Hi,
    Using Flash is a good technique because of compression, but not all Flash files are created equal. The machine I am using right now tests them. A bad one will crash IE, a really bad one will crash FF and a horrible one will crash Opera; NN not allowed to play.
    For instance this machine will view some YouTube content but not others.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows media player 11 not playing a video error message C00D11B1 [ 4 Answers ]

I copied some videos we made from my friends computer, I'm pretty sure he was using windows vista, I have media player 11, I receive an error message C00D11B1, when trying to play them, web help page came up and I went to it and couldn't find anything to help me. What codec do I have install...

Windows media player won't play video, only sound. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I fix media player to play video and sound, how do you know which codec is correct

Windows media player won't play video, only audio [ 6 Answers ]

My windows media player will only play audio and not video. Any ideas why?

View more questions Search