Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anu79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Trying for a baby and staying disease free
    Something similar happened to me. I've been having some inflammation on my cervix since Feb this year. My pap smear showed ASCUS in March. But it cleared up after some medicines after 3 months. In October my doc said the cervix infection had become worse and did a Chlamydia antigen test which came positive. I took metrogyl for 2 weeks and also clingen for 2 weeks. When I asked my doc would my husband also get it? She said he didn't need to test. Month later when my husband asked the doc she again said he needn't worry about it and should get a phyisical examination done by a urologist if there is a local infection. Now my husband says he's having funny feeling urinating and has also developed a pimple type boil on his penis. We've been trying for a baby... so we've been having sex w/o condom for a year. I've been with my husband for 2 and half years and have been completely failthful to him. I don't know where I got Chlamydia from. Could I have got it from my previous lover 3 years ago. In 2005 I had got infection of cervix. At that time my Chlamydia test was negative. How should I go about trying for baby and staying disease free?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 11:14 AM
    I have moved your question to a thread of it's own. Piggybacking a question on someone else's thread leads to confusion and your question may go unanswered.

With that said, I can't believe the doctor would not culture/treat your husband. Since chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease (there is no other way to get it) both partners need to be tested as well as treated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 10:15 AM

I totally agree with J9. Why hasn't your husband been treated for this as this disease is constantly passed back and forth from male to female and back again. You need to both be totally disease free before you start thinking babies. Have him see the doc asap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Free Glasses - Free Eye Exam [ 12 Answers ]

Check out the tips and explanations, below, from our Vision Expert. Please do not post replies in this thread. If you have a question, click on the "Ask About Vision" button above.

Ooh baby baby? The song/beat Timberland copied [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for taking time on this, I've been trying to search for the name of the song that Timbaland remade, I can't seem to find any answers anywhere, Its like the songs been erased from existence. It was an old school American techno rap beat with ladies singing "Ooh baby baby" If...

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

View more questions Search