Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie1012 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Lump on shin
    Hi
    Im new to this site and was just wondering if anyone could help.
    My 13 year old son has a large not painfull lump on his shin next to the lump looks like a bruise with very long black hairs growing out of it (his other leg hair is fair) its been there for 16 weeks
    He has had a scan and we went for the results and have been referred to a hospital in birmingham for a biopsy this hospital deal with orthapedics all of this has happened at great speed we got the results of the scan last week and where due at the birmingham hospital tomorrow unfortunaly I can't go as I've just had a baby and are unwell myself and it's a 4 hour journey to get there, so the appointment has been re booked for jan 14.
    None of the doctors will say anything and as you can imagine I'm getting more and more worried.
    Jake is otherwise a healthy 13 year old.
    All comments will be greatly appreciated thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 10:17 AM

Possibly they don't want to upset you by telling you anything until they are sure of what this strange lump is. Could be a begnin tumor on his knee and just needs to be removed. They won't know until the biopsy is done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on my left shin. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have just found a lump on my left shin but on the inside of my leg. What could this be?? I cannot remember bumping my leg anywhere recently however I do play lots of different contact sports. I will of course go see my doctor but I was just wondering if anybody knew what this could...

Shin splints? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know if I have a stress fracture in my leg or just have shin splints?

Hard lump on my daughter's shin [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed a lump about two inches in length on my 12 year old daughter's shin... it is hard to the touch... she says it doesn't hurt... she is not limping, nor is she having difficulty running... I called her doctor, but can not get her in until next week... I know she is worried... and I am...

View more questions Search