Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danidd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Office cleaning
    Hi,
    How much is suppose to be the daily charge for an medical office with 15 examination rooms,5 bathrooms,10 private offices,5 specialexamination rooms,staff room with kitchen,storage,reception area,waiting area,approximately 6000 sq,f
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 06:18 AM

Without actually seeing and having experience cleaning a large area like that, let alone a medical office it is impossible to give you this information. Is this your rnormal activity in cleaning, or is this a new venture for you ?

Do you have any idea what their previous cleaner charged them, or is this a relatively new office complex ?
    danidd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Yes,this is something new for me.Cleaning houses is different than cleaning commercial.Iwas thinking between charging per sq,f,or per room.Any way is going to be expensive.The cleaning will be 6 days a week.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 09:48 AM

danidd, you may want to take into consideration that you may not be able to use standard cleaning products. Medical offices would be very fussy and they couldn't have anything smelling antiseptic.

Sorry I can't help you with your original question regarding what you should charge. Suggest you wear gloves when cleaning anythng there just to be on the safe side.

Couldn't you do some undercover work and find out what other cleaning companies charge for commercial ?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 20, 2008, 11:52 PM

Hi Danidd,

Medical cleaning is definitely different that residential and even other commercial cleaning.

Tickle is correct there are many things required that are more stringent than commercial cleaning;

Proper P. P. E. (Proper Protective equipment)

Universal Precautions. (Safety for you, your workers, the client and the patients.)

Proper Cleaning solutions for stringent cleaning to kill germs and infections.

Removal of infectious waste. (Red Bags; proper handling, proper disposal to a designated area for removal by others... )

Are there exam rooms where any surgeries are being preformed? If so, then a strong disinfectant will be necessary.

Places like the exam rooms will have to be cleaned very well... each night everything from eye level down has to be cleaned well. Once per month those places above eye level.

In my business, 6,000 sq ft is not necessarily a large building. However since it is medical there will be special requirements and will take more time to clean properly.

Pricing varies all over the country and now with the economy they are starting to come down (not good for us I am afraid). In the Chicago suburbs a medical building like the one you described should competitively bill out monthly at a high of around $1,260.00 to a low of $$1,020.00. This is only my suggestion.

Now, you are the one that is responsible to make sure that the amount you choose works for you, again THAT is your responsibility, not mine. I can tell you that normally an average medical center can be cleaned at a rate between 1,890 to 2200 sq ft per HOUR, a lot depends on the density of equipment and furniture.

That is an average of approximately 2050 sq ft being cleaned each hour and that (based upon your 6,000 sq ft figure) would total be about 3 hours each night, 18 hours per week or 78 labor hours per month. Add that to the hourly rate, include all your overhead, profit, supplies, insurance, etc and you should have a pretty good idea of what you might quote/charge.

I hope that I was helpful, please respond so that I will know.

Thanks,

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office cleaning [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I have residential and commercial cleaning service and carpet cleaning service 1 years and 6 months,I want to start now office cleaning,but how,I don't have any idea,please help me

Quoting office cleaning job [ 5 Answers ]

I am in South Louisiana - Baton Rouge. I am trying to find the current average rate to quote on office cleaning.

Office Cleaning Bids [ 1 Answers ]

Im starting a commercial cleaning services and I need help with setting prices for the buildings.

Office cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am wanting to start a office cleaning business. I just don't know where to begin. What I should charge. What I need do.

Office cleaning business [ 1 Answers ]

1. How do I get started? 2. how do I get clients? 3. how do I determine pricing for job? 4. how to bid? 5. what business forms do I need? 6. how do I apply for small minority business grant?

View more questions Search