Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scwilkes51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 11:20 PM
    How do I give a construction bid
    I am doing mew construction,I need to Know the correct procedure to do the documents
    :rolleyes:
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 12:35 AM

Wow what a loaded question calling all laywers! Iam not sure of what your asking. There's so so many areas here and I will try to touch on some good basics. Letter head bla bla. SOLD TO: JOB LOCATION: SCOPE OF WORK: RETAINAGE AMOUNT: CLAUSES: hit rock hidden problems Owner must supply an area free of charge for storing / del materials. Electric ans water usage paid by others. BID GOOD FOR 30 DAYS. In my world a bid can be just that or a bid summitle can be a attached to an actual contract. Here's where it gets heavy. ACTS OF GOD: LABOR STRIKE: SUDDEN UNAVAILIABLETY OF MATERIALS: STORAGE PROVIDED BY OWNER: OWNER PROVIDES ELECTRIC WATER: JOB PAYMENT SCHEDULE: RAIN DELAYES: EXTRAS: LABOR RATE FOR EXTRAS and much more if you want. My standard Contract has two full pages relating to "STANDARD CONDITIONS The better you set conditions the less problem you will have later. (I'am a General contractor.) But if its commercial bids there are certain formats the big G.C. has required for a set format for bid submittle. Many now require Your Insurance spec./ bonding areas and have coumpter bid along with hard copy. I don't know If your are biding commercial or this is just for a home owner. Hope this helps be complete and it always the little things that gets big. If you set Standard Conditions have them intialed at each paragraph of that area you made. This way a person can't say I didn't see that! It works in everyone's favor and up and up.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2008, 01:26 AM

Hey, 21boat!

I just had to chuckle when I read your post. But, you know what? You're absolutely correct! There are so many variables involved with construction of any kind that it would be impossible to come up with a pat answer without having very specific details as to what this is concerning from the original poster.

scwilkes51, what is this specifically concerning, please? It would be helpful to know about that so that you can get the most helpful answers here.

Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 05:28 PM

When I started I was told if you have to ask maybe you should not be doing this just yet. We need to know if this is a house, garage, shed or what. Do you know how to draw up time and materials?
    MasterFramer Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Dec 22, 2008, 08:09 PM

Go to a lawyer who writes for contractors, tell him/her what you are doing, and they will write one that will protect you. Remember, the contract is there to help you, not the homeowner. They will try to get out of anything they can. I had one written up for 700 bucks that saves my behind from homeowners who try to get out of final payment. Good Luck! Ps, buy a book on contracting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Construction [ 5 Answers ]

Which woods are both termite rot resistant

I don't want to give my boyfriend an std but he wants me to give him oral [ 8 Answers ]

I think I might have caught something from another guy that I had sex with even though we used protection and he said that he had been tested negative and my question is that is I do have something can I give it to my boyfriend from giving him head. I don't have soars in my mouth or anything but I...

Construction [ 1 Answers ]

What is nsc in construction contract

OSB used in construction [ 8 Answers ]

Can I use this type of board for walls and roof and floors for my shed if I intend to cover the exterior in sheetmetal?. if so, should I paint all of the OS.. just in case it rains while I'm building?. this is going to be a 1 man job so its going to take me awhile.. thanks for any help

New tub old construction [ 1 Answers ]

I am intending to install a new tub in my downstairs bath. It has a large linen closet that we do not use and would like to put the tub there. I am curious if anyone has ideas as to how to plumb this. I have my own, however I am not a plumber and would like to see how you guys might go about it....

View more questions Search