Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzQ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Credit Union default versus Mortgage companies, difference?
    I live in Calif. Sadly, in default. My ultimate goal would be to do a loan modification on my 1st to obtain lower interest rate & payments. How can I negoiate with lender to give me a lower interest rate (Chase) instead of just tacking late payments on the end of the loan?
    My 2nd is an equity line through a credit union. They are telling me that if I ended up doing a short sale.. . Whatever the balance due is after they settle with the 1st lender, is still legally due from me.? Is this accurate? Or they just trying to get me to sign a promissory note for the difference? Can they take legal action against me, such as take other assets? My ultimate goal would be for the 2nd lender to accept a settlement for their loan of hopefully 10 % of loan value. Has anyone heard of this happening when a home is not sold short sale but kept?
    Thanks
    sandkicker Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Jan 16, 2009, 09:39 AM

Balance due on the second is... "the balance due".

What you may be able to negotiate with them is up to them...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating versus seeing each other.what's the difference? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship since Jan 1st. The gentleman I am involved with says we are seeing each other rather than dating... what is the difference?

Mortgage default [ 2 Answers ]

What is the number of mortgages in default

Credit Repair companies or Credit Counseling companies [ 1 Answers ]

My question is... Can either of these help? I am considering using a company like Consumer Credit Counseling which claims to contact your accounts and arrange lower interest and lower payments and then lump all of your debt into one monthly payment. The lower payment would be very helpful at...

Mortgage companies competing [ 2 Answers ]

I tried comparing two mortgage companies and choose the one that promised me the lower monthly payment. I signed a contract so I could be "locked in" as the mortgage guy said anyway the next day he called and told me the rates had just changed and that I needed to sign another set of paperwork,...

View more questions Search