Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paige381 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Unemployment Assistance?
    When I tell my job about my recent misdemeanor conviction for retail fraud, I believe they will let me go. Can I get unemployment financial assistance from the state (MICHIGAN) with a criminal record? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2008, 06:09 AM

It would make no difference with the state of Michigan Unemployment about your criminal record as I am sure a lot of criminals receive unemployment insurance. What WILL matter is if you were fired over it then you will not be able to collect as you were fired from your job, not laid off. No, you won't be able to collect, sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unemployment w2 [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to get your w2 for unemployment off the internet?

Unemployment [ 4 Answers ]

How Long Does It Take To Receive My Unemployment When I'm Laid Off For A Week. My Company File Our Unemployment. What Is The Maximum Wait To Receive My Funds...

Ineterstate Unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

I have worked in Illinois and Ohio this year and was told I can claim umemployment in any of the 50 states that I wanted to. They guy that told me this has worked in Michigan and Ohio and has been using Massachusetts since they pay the most. Can I really pick any state?

Unemployment- how to collect [ 2 Answers ]

We are losing our jobs and have move from Washington to California will we be able to draw unemployment? And how where do we apply for it.:(

Unemployment benefits [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ohio. I am the only employee in my organization. I have been told that they are not required to pay into unemployment and that I am not entitled to it in case of lay off because there are less than 4 employees. I thought everyone was entitled to it if they worked. Can anyone give me some...

View more questions Search