Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margar Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Dec 15, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Community opinion of appliance
    I am seriously considering a purchase of an electrolux range. Anyone have an opinion of them? They have many features I am interested in. thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by margar View Post
    I am seriously considering a purchase of an electrolux range. anyone have an opinion of them? they have many features i am interested in. thanks

Electrolux is a semi high range unit. What you better research first is who is going to service it when it breaks in or out of warranty. This is a major problem with brands that do not sell a lot of units every year. The service can be bad or almost nonexistent and after spending the big $$$$$ you do not want to have that problem.

There is a lady that lives down the street that begged me to come down and look at her Jen-Air range and Sub-Zero refrigerator. I am retired and told her I no lobger work on appliances or furnaces and gave her a name to call. To make a long story short they could not or did not fix the problems. So she called me back.

I ended going to her home and after spending 2 hours on the phone with customer service supervisors both company’s agreed to send the parts necessary for the repair. I got both units working and politely told her never to call me again since I have many other things I do now instead of repairs. I accepted no payment for my services since she had been thru enough.

There was no authorized repair company with in 50 miles of here.
    The company’s that were authorized would not travel the 100 miles round trip.
    The parts houses that have parts for many of the popular brands did not stock and would not order parts for these two brands.

So as you see doing some research on your part before the purchase can save you big problems later. An appliances brands are good when they work but terrible when the break. LOL

Dec 16, 2008, 04:19 PM

I did research for repair services in my area. I found a reputable service center not far from my home. They sounded it would be no problem to service that range if needed. I hope I have done the right thing. We purchased one today. The salesman was very enthusiastic about the ranges produced with the electrolux name. I believe he said electrolux bought frigidaire. Thanks for your input..
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Just being careful on my end. The place where the lady bought her appliances from also did service but they went out of business causing the problem. We just lost another major appliance business a few months ago. They had 20 service trucks and I new the owners personally. I was told that between the economy and the ever increasing cost of doing business it was no longer profitable for them to continue. 35 years of hard work on there part gone down the drain in a heart beat.

I hope you enjoy your new unit I have not researched electrolux except to say that they make one heck of a Vac cleaner. We have had one here for years.

Dec 17, 2008, 11:51 AM

Thank you for your feed back. I appreciate your response re the vacuum cleaner also. I understand eureka purchased the electrolux line. I have had two eureka, one is 20 years old and still functions well, the other one was 10 years old. I accidentally turned it upside down and some dirt got sucked in the motor. Anyway it was not repairable according to the vacuum clinic. That store recommended a simplicity vacuum. It did have a two blade fan motor and a 5 year warranty. About 200dollars more that the oxygen 3 electrolux I have been looking at. The electrolux only has a 1 year warranty. The simplicity is Missouri made and I like that made in the usa part. Guess I will figure it out some time. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

240 volt appliance [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a kitchen appliance that is 240v 12.5 amps. My question is will 12.5 amps the combined amperage on both legs (12.5 amps on each phase) or is it 6.25 amps on each leg. I know the amperage will vary according to amount of load on the appliance and won't be exact. Thank you

Spraying appliance [ 1 Answers ]

Can you have a stove top and oven door sprayed another color?

Broken Appliance [ 1 Answers ]

We rent a home in Central Texas the refrigerator that was in the home at the time we moved in is broken it came with the house but not in the agreement. We have advised the Land Lord but he says it is an amenitie. Are there any statutes or written laws that states the Land Lord is responsible for...

View more questions Search