Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darr902 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2003, 07:55 PM
    Please help diagnose.
    My 65 yo brother-in-law was diagnosed with colon cancer in April 2002. He had surgery to remove cancer May 2003. He chose not to receive chemo. He had a blood test done in November 2002 that reveiled a low hemoglobin ( 7.3 ). At this time the doctors have given him transfusions that upped his hemoglobin to 11.6.
    Blood was then found in his stools ( dark ); they did a colonascopy, then a cat scan on his stomach both of which were normal. Within 2 weeks of receiving the 3 units of blood that took him to 11.6 his hemoglobin dropped back down to 10 and is once again feeling extremely tired and looks white. Where could the blood in his stools be coming from?
    QQapple Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Jun 18, 2003, 11:32 PM
    Please help diagnose.
    Don't take this advice too seriously, I'm only a science student... you should ask the doctors for advice

I have been learning a little about cancers, and one thing I 've been taught is that cancer in a colon quite often spread to other parts of the body.

The fact that the stools are dark suggest bleeding not in the colon but, earlier in the digestive track. Don't be alarmed, I just think it would be safer to do another check up of the body just to be on the safe side

And... don't be alarmed... this is all I Know... the doctoers would know way more then I do... the bleeding is probably nothing serious, but do get it checked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Civic won't start (how do I diagnose?) [ 2 Answers ]

While driving my check engine light came on. As soon as the light came on the car became sluggish and had problems shifting into higher gear. I could achieve higher speeds by accelerating more slowly. I pulled over and stopped the car and it would not restart after that. I have spark at the...

Vet Can't Diagnose [ 3 Answers ]

We're at a loss. My cat started being reclusive, then he started losing muscle control.. he seems to eat o.k. and use the litter box but he stays in one spot all day and we've spent $700.00 on tests and nothing. There is arthritis in his hips but it doesn't explain his other symptoms. We tried...

View more questions Search