Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    felicia0923 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Unpaid collection accounts on credit report
    I know that collection accounts stay on your credit report for 7 years, but my question is once that 7 years is up is it totally gone even though it was left unpaid?
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 01:58 PM

I can't say for sure, but probably not if it's not paid and by then, that collection agency may have sold your account to another collection agency so you might have two accounts stay on your report. Pay it off if you can.
    nothandy19 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 01:58 PM

Yes, it should be completely removed off your credit report.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get an unpaid CC debt off my credit report [ 4 Answers ]

I have an unpaid credit card debt that was opened in 1999, and reported in 2003. I just got a letter from a lawyer about paying it, and have started making payments on the $3000 debt. In Oregon, how long does this get to stay on my credit report? I thought an unpaid debt must be removed from my...

Collection agency on my credit report [ 1 Answers ]

There is an account on my credit report from a collection company called FBCS that says I owe them $414. This is not my account and I sent FBCS a letter saying that it was not mine and they need to remove it now. They replied with a letter saying that the account is closed and returned to Sprint...

Credit report affected be collection agency [ 3 Answers ]

According to some info that I have been reading, a hospital can turn me over to collections even if I am paying an agreed upon amount faithfully ever month. If I continue to pay the collection agency every month , will this show up adversely on my credit report?

Collection Letter but not on my credit report. [ 1 Answers ]

I am located in Illinois. I received a collection letter from a collection attorney. I am not sure if the debt specified is mine or not. It says it was from one Creditor, and then bought by another. I pulled a copy of my credit report, and do not see either creditor listed or the...

View more questions Search