Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Dec 15, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Partial Payment
    Can a loan company refuse a partial payment?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2008, 11:23 AM

Yes they can.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 12:02 PM

Yes, they can, if you are behind ( in default) of your loan they can demand full paymet
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nitelight198073 View Post
    Can a loan company refuse a partial payment?

Absolutely. I've seen companies postpone a month's payment, tack it on to the end of the note, as long as interest is paid, though.

Does that help at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If no partial payment accepted, do you still pay? [ 2 Answers ]

My question is I got a computer a couple of years ago and paid a lot on it, but a couple of months ago every time I got the bill it would get higher and higher each month. So I stopped payng it. Well now it has been sent to collections and they are calling me and telling me that they cannot accept...

Partial advanced payment on unearned revenue [ 1 Answers ]

The issue is receiving a $50 dollar advance payment on a $250 future service, and my thought is to debit: cash for the $50, debit service revenue for $200 and credit unearned service revenue for the $250. However, I can't find anything similar in my text book, so is this correct? Thanks,...

Can partial payment be refused by financial co. [ 2 Answers ]

I am leasing a vehicle and I have been late on payments. I am 1 1/2 months behind. I offerd to catch up the 1/2 month with a $200 payment then in 2 weeks make a full $400 payment to catch up till payment is due this month. The creditor refused and said they needed the $600+ toaday.

Can somebody not accept partial payment. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello and thank you all for answering previous questions. I am in the military about to deploy at the end of the month. I am having a problem with my apartment complex. To back track, I have lived here for approximately 5 months and two months ago, I got some family to stay here on the special...

Creditor refuses partial payment [ 4 Answers ]

If I send in a payment to a place I owe money to and they refuse to take it, what can I do if they say the want more money or they want it in full?

View more questions Search