Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindalynn92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 10:24 AM
    Can I leave the state
    I moved to Florida with my husband 2 yrs ago. My husband hit me and me and the girls moved out. He maybie gives me a hudred dollars a month I have an autisc child and can not work. I need to go home so my family can help me but I am afarid he will say I kidnapped the kids ( he would love that) can I leave the state?
    lindalynn92
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 10:34 AM

If you have the kids and there is no court order stating that you share custody or visitation, you can go anywhere you want. Until there is a court order you both are the legal parents of those kids. That also means that if he were to take them he also would be in his rights.

Please note: I am not an expert. I am relaying information regularly found on the Law>Family Law board.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2008, 04:31 PM

That is right you are the mother and they are in your custody.
    You need to do what is best for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can she leave the state without permision? [ 3 Answers ]

My husbands ex-wife left the state without any written permission from him. She said she would be gone 1 school year and now we are on the 2nd school year. They have joint custody. Can she stay away with them?

Can I leave the state with my kids? [ 1 Answers ]

I Live in Virginia and I share custody of my children with their father I can no longer afford to live in the state because they decrease my child support can I leave the state with my kids?

Can I leave my state while on probation? [ 2 Answers ]

What's up I got my first DWI and I'm probably going to go to jail for 48 hours and pay a fine but I need to know if I can leave my state for the holidays... see I already have my plane ticket to go to Texas and I just want to know if I can still go

Can I leave state with my 2 children? [ 2 Answers ]

There are NO court papers. Never married to the father. I want to move to OH from AZ in a month. I know AZ is a mother state but is it legal for me to move? Can he make me come back if he goes to court? I live with the father. But want out of the relationship. Yes the father's name IS on the birth...

I want to leave the State with Children [ 3 Answers ]

I have been separated for 11 years. We have two teen aged chldren that have lived with me the whole time. I want to move out of state with them to be near family and I have a better job where I am wanting to move. Problem is their father has Huntington's disease and I wanted him to move with us so...

View more questions Search