Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgechami Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Uninstalling folder security personal 4.1
    I had folder security installed on my computer.. month ago I scanned my machine with spyware doctor.it found few spyware and adware and had to remove them.I also had some folder hidden with folder security when I tried to check them I couldn't log in to folder security. I tried to unistall it but the uninstaller were missing. I tried to reinstall it but it gave a message saying the program is already installed.uninstall it before you install a new copy. I looked into the registry and found few keys anddeleted them so I might be abble to desable the software but still can't see my hidden folders. There still a folder in the registry called :secdir that has some keys in it with the name and pathname and the location in the window of folder security but the problem is that I'm not allowed to delete this folder or even modify it.. so I need your help to unlock my folder or uninstall the software.. I have tried all the softwares(uninstallers) but non of them works or even found folder security on my machine.. so what can I do? Help
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 16, 2008, 09:45 PM

Try downloading Ashampoo UnInstaller 3.11, you can use it for free for 40 days.

Ashampoo UnInstaller - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Hope this helps!

Dec 21, 2008, 09:40 AM

Mmm no I have tried everything and still getting the message folder security already installed uninstalle it before u installe a new copy
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Dec 21, 2008, 10:33 AM

Was surprised that Ashampoo UnInstaller 3.11 didn't remove the program, first time I ever heard of it not removing a program. Check out the following:

Can't Delete Files and Programs

When You Cannot Remove Stubborn Software Programs -

Remove stubborn programs that won't remove in control panel - TechSpot OpenBoards

Uninstall: Stubborn programs ? ... uninstall them...!; Easy Uninstaller will assist you to manage.

Dec 23, 2008, 02:21 AM

U still not getting my point.. I'm going to go through the story again: I had folder security installed.after scaning the PC with spyware doctor, folder security uninstaller were gone(not available anymore) so there is no way to uninstall the program using control panal or any other uninstaller programs(coz I have tried all of them.. I mean it) perfect uninstaller... your uninstaller 2008,ashampoo.. and more but non of these could find the installer of folder security because its uninstaller doesn't not exist. But other files are still in my system and can't find them or can't remove them. I'm looking for way to remove these files from my PC so I can see the hidden folder. I need them very much...
    marjam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 04:47 AM

Do you still have this problem?
    I can help you!
    Malayaka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Dear Marjam hay I'm also having the same problem.
    Some how my Folder Security personal folder got corrupted and I cannot remove or reinstall to locate my hidden files.
    If you can give a suggestion how to remove this and recover my hidden data it will be a great help buddy
    marjam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 04:42 AM
    Malayaka, I do it with pleasure!
    You may try my method))
    Delete Folder Security personal from C:\Program Files.
    Clean autorun.
    Delete all files with such names as secdrv, folder sec, secfld, etc. and specially secdir from C:\Windows\system32 and clean the register.
    Hope it'll help you!
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 07:53 AM

Next time:

TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux
    Horheles16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marjam View Post
    Malayaka, I do it with pleasure!
    You may try my method))
    Delete Folder Security personal from C:\Program Files.
    Clean autorun.
    Delete all files with such names as secdrv, folder sec, secfld, etc. and specially secdir from C:\Windows\system32 and clean the register.
    Hope it'll help you!
    Please.I am new in computing.I deleted Folder security personnel and naw I can't recover my hidden files.
    I don't know how to clean autorun.
    Secdir from c:\windows\system32 won't delete in any way.
    I don't know how to clean registry
    Can you help me.It seems you are good at it.. Thank you if you would..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstalling [ 2 Answers ]

I have uninstalled a programme from my computer and it prompted that it was unable to delete some files and that they should be deleted manually, is it OK to just delete them from Windows Explorer? i.e right click and press delete or is it more complicated than that Regards Abbi

Password for folder security [ 1 Answers ]

HOw do we put a password to files or folders?

How safe is your personal information with Social Security? [ 10 Answers ]

How safe is your personal information like phone numbers, address's, Social Security numbers ETC with Social Security? Is this something these people search companies on the internet have access to? This topic might be in the wrong area but I posted it here because chuck & con give the best...

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

Uninstalling my Xp [ 20 Answers ]

Hello. Got a complicated problem. My windows xp crashed so I tried to install a separate xp system.. this did not work because I had the wrong product key(don't ask) So fine bought a brand new xp system. Problem is I have one operating system on my computer and half of another. I want to totally...

View more questions Search