Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckperdue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Blower on top of heat pump not working
    I have a Coleman heat pump that is less than 2 years old and has worked well up until a couple of days ago. Now, the air conditioning and the heat will not work, but the fan and furnace still works. After checking things out myself for small problems with the electrical box, etc, I noticed that the breaker was switched off. That seemed odd to me, as no one claims to have flipped it. I flipped it back on and tried to use the air conditioning and the heat pump would kick on for a few seconds, but would kick right back off. I noticed the fan on top of the heat pump wasn't working, and I could feel the heat coming off the pump. I'm assuming that it was overheating, causing it to kick back off, but I may be wrong. What does it seem like the problem is to you? Is there anything I can check before I call the installer to come back out? Also, do you have a general idea of how long it will take someone to fix this, as I live on a tight budget and know I'll have to pay labor? Thanks so much for your help. Please let me know if you need any more information. :)
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 9, 2006, 09:18 PM
    I would call the original installers, as this is less than two years old. They may know of a particular problem with this unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Blower not working with Heat- OK with AC [ 2 Answers ]

I have a recent HVAC system and not too long ago I had to remove the blower and lube the bushings because it had frozen. This was with the AC Now, that's its cold and we turned the heat on the blower either comes on for a bit and then quits or doesn't come on at all. I can turn the AC on and the...

Heat Pump? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had someone install a brand new 98% eff. Furnace with a 13 seer a/c. They offered to put a dual fuel heat pump in for $2000.00. My gas bills are still a little higher than I would like and I wanted to know if a dual fuel heat pump is really worth the extra money and if it would save me...

Run blower without heat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a weather king propane furnace. I do not know the age. I have a simple dial thermostat. I would like to figure out how to run the blower without the heat. The wires from the thermo going into furnace have the three wires but the green is not connected to anything. The red is connected...

Heat Pump [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Lennox heat pump. My builder was required to put one in per our neighborhood association. However, he set the thermostat so that it would never kick on because he thought I would like the hotter air provided by the gas furnace. I was thinking with the price of gas on the rise the heat...

View more questions Search