Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curtislynn1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 06:26 PM
    Thermostat/Furnace Wiring Connection
    Whew! It's over a 100 degrees in this house. My blower will turn on but the outside compressor will not. I notice that I now have a loose yellow wire inside the Goodman furnace. This yellow wire comes from the Y terminal on the thermostat. It must be related to my problem, but I don't know what to wire it back to. It had to have come loose from a wire nut that was tieing the incoming thermostat wires to the Goodman receiver wires, but I don't know to what. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Curtis
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2006, 02:52 PM
    The yellow is one wire of the control circuit that turns on the AC compressor, if you haven't already , connect the yellow wire back on the Y terminal, and it should start the compressor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace thermostat needs 24 v wire [ 6 Answers ]

My new White Rogers programmable furnace stat says it needs 24 v dc to run it. I installed it and am using the 2 AA batteries to power it, but I have 4 wires coming in now. I have A/C. The stat is running OK now but if I take the batteries out the display goes dead. I don't know how to run 24 v...

Thermostat Wiring for Electric Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I'm want to install the thermostat on our Electric Furnace. The wire leading to the furnace is a two wire (BLACK AND WHITE WIRES) It's heat only. The thermostat has a W and an R on the back of the stat. The furnace terminal has Y,W,O,C,G,F. The WO has a jumper between them? The W has a White...

Thermostat for wall furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ten year old (propane) gravity wall furnace that came with it's own wall mounted thermostat, which is a Honeywell "Millivolt". I am now relocating the thermostat, because of a small remodeling, and want to replace the thermostat with a more up to date (looking) thermostat. Can I just go...

'C' connection for remote control thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a RiteTemp 8082C Programmable Thermostat with remote control to replace my old mercury swtich type thermostat. While preparing to install the new one, I noticed in the instructions that all of the connections map correctly to my existing setup except one. The instructions say...

Thermostat Wiring Connection Conundrum - HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a Ritetemp Thermostat model #8035c. The HVAC system installed in my condo is forced air furnace heat/electric compressor cooling and was manufactured by Gaffers & Sattlers (circa 1973). Any guidance on how to connect the wires to the thermostat is greatly appreciated. There are...

View more questions Search